Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Muhammad Ali Dead At 74

Muhammad Ali, a former boxer who proclaimed himself "The Greatest", has passed away at the age of 74 after a 32-year battle with Parkinson's disease. I didn't know him much to be honest, but from what I heard, he was indeed a legend in boxing. My condolences go to his friends and family.

Go here for more information:
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/muhammad-ali-greatest-all-time-dead-74-n584776

You know someone's a good boxer when Bruce Lee said that he wouldn't have stood a chance against them.

Sad news. I've never been strong into boxing, but he made quite a name for himself -- even his stances outside of boxing. Always noble and willing to face the consequences of standing up for his beliefs.

Rest in Peace

I had a short period in childhood when I really liked watching boxing on TV and I believe I saw some of his matches. RIP

kuchitsu said:

I had a short period in childhood when I really liked watching boxing on TV and I believe I saw some of his matches. RIP

I should imagine the fights against Sir Henry Cooper, they were phenomenal. If you've not seen them you can find them on youtube. Very well worth the watch. R.I.P The greatest.

Guy was 74 and had a bad case of Parkinson's. His suffering's over, and he'll leave behind a legacy -- what more could anyone want?

And, just like that, my morning is ruined.

R.I.P. Ali. You were a legend, hero, and inspiration to the sport of boxing... no, the entire sporting world.

I remember watching him light the Olympic flame in '96 and thinking he wouldn't last two more years, that's how bad his Parkinson already was at that point. Twenty more years of that suffering is crazy.

Rip the Greatest.

Through the turbulent 1960s, his stinging references to American slavery, including his "slave name" of Cassius Clay, his fearless denunciations of white racism in America, and his enormous influence on how blacks perceived themselves, emphasizing pride and dignity, and ultimately on how whites perceived blacks all conspired to make Muhammad Ali a uniquely transcendent figure on this whirling planet of war and woe. Ali rose far above the world of boxing and came to represent a figure of unyielding principle on issues of human conflict and social justice. In the end, the better angels of conscience became a force far more enduring than the pop and crunch of Ali's hands.

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ali/news/story?id=3171301

Another legend bites the dust...

Rest in peace.

EDIT: That comment might have been too much for the hypersensitive types around here.

Oh no, not the popular people! Take us plebeians instead!

Farewell old hero. He is boxing angels now.

Or whatever his faith suggest he would encounter.

It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe. - Muhammad Ali

He was a warrior, poet, magician, and intelligent person

Chezza said:

Farewell old hero. He is boxing angels now.

Or whatever his faith suggest he would encounter.

Probably wrestling with djinns.