Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baja blast rd.

Specific Things in Doom that Amuse You Greatly

antares031 said:

Making a pain elemental embarrassed by approaching her extremely closely. She becomes powerless since she doesn't know how to resist against my childish action.

This actually made me laugh out loud.

I was speedrunning a short level, 100lineN.wad map06, which has one of those sky box exits. Every once in a while I'd accidentally leave a few seconds into the last fight, most of the monsters still alive, and start laughing uncontrollably.

One thing that amuses me in DOOM is when monsters start fighting each other, thankfully, it happens when i'm low on ammo. It's great because i can hide behind some corner and wait until they've killed each other and kill the rest of them.

Whenever I see the original buggy OUCHFACE code in action.

Spoiler

It only triggers when Doomguy gets hurt a lot and then healed a lot in a short amount of time, resulting in a "surprised" expression as in "WTF just happened?"

^I love it when that happens, as well as when caco's just float quickly to side and don't attack. It's hilarious.

When an enemy with medium speed walks around a pillar while you chase it and you already made 2 revolutions around the pillar and finally kill the enemy.

Loaded with Brutal Doom and Zone 300.

I'm in a L shaped room. One part I'm in, and the other, a zombie and an imp behind it. I take the corner so they see me and attack, then go back again, making sure the Imp threw a fireball first. With a bit of luck, as I start to take the corner again, a running, on fire zombie runs in front of my face and dies.

Try it out, it felt so freaky and cool.

Human enemies being gibbed by mid-tier demon attacks, usually a revenant rocket or baron/hell knight fireball.

When two infighting enemies kill each other with their last projectile. Especially funny if you have previously struggled with this encounter and on this occasion you don't even have to fire a shot

^ Bonus points if one of the enemies who kill each other is a hitscanner. Also bonus points if the monsters are of vastly different levels of power and toughness.

This happened last night while I was practicing E1 max runs: An imp gibbing a former human with it's fireball attack.

When a demon/spectre gibs an enemy, I always think he should've just swallowed the entire body.

Rayzik said:

This happened last night while I was practicing E1 max runs: An imp gibbing a former human with it's fireball attack.

^ This, it makes me laugh every single time

I find it quite amusing that the cyberdemon's wake-up sound resembles a cow on steroids.

joe-ilya said:

When a demon/spectre gibs an enemy, I always think he should've just swallowed the entire body.

What a rare event. Never saw that before.

My amusing thing? Off the top would simply be Doomguy's s***-eating grin:

I catch myself smiling whenever I'd pick up a nice, shiny weapon too!

Getting like 10 spawn kills in a row in an overcrowded mutliplayer map, or inversely getting spawn killed over and over again. At first it's frustrating but it passes a certain level where it just gets funny. This only happens when you have 10 people in a map meant for 2-4 people, though.

Doomguy's pain sound when combined/chopped by the chainsaw sound.To try it, walk on a damaging floor with the chainsaw on. At least with the vanilla sound engine and no more than 4 channels, Doomguy's pain sounds will be cut short and sound forced, almost as if Doomguy is taking a hard, forced, painful dump consisting of many hardened pellets.

Also, when played backwards, Doomguy's pain sound sounds like someone taking a dump in reverse. Fact.

When you're max-running a map and a stray monster comes wandering into the exit room at the last moment, when going back to look for him would cost way too much time.

I had once run on Nightmare in Episode 1. At the start of M9, where there's a great chance to cause infight, I saw from a distance when Pinky quickly ran to Shotgun Guy and bit him once, gibbing him instantly. For a secong I thought of it as a kiss hard enough to make Sergeant hearts falling. I laughed really hard.

Getting wrecked by a big group of archviles in an open map -- getting your corpse AV jumped high into the air and halfway across the map is a glorious overkill.

On a related note, I played a troll map in W&M about a month ago, and it was normal for a short time until I opened a door and released a hundred or so AVs. I laughed pretty hard before tsst-tsst-ing in disapproval.

Graf Zahl said:

I find it quite amusing that the cyberdemon's wake-up sound resembles a cow on steroids.

How appropriate

Examples of the Doom physics "bitch slapping" players away:

(Reposted from Ralphis)

This shit cracks me up for some reason. Poor Demonsphere was rejected in such a bullshit way in that 2nd video.