Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrGlide

Hey I'm getting close to the cyber Demon on my no upgrade run

it's on nightmare (but not ultra, not yet at least). Should I try to record it for some people to see or do you think that would be boring?

the only thing I pick up are base guns, equipment and power ups, so no preator tokens, only 1 argent energy(it's forced) no upgrade points on weapons. Other then basic pcik up stuff nothing's been touched. It's been kinda tough, but since I'v gotten to lazerouse labs it's gotten pretty damn hard and I'm dying alot, I'v alot to memorise because most things one-two shot me(i'v only 100hp/50armor.)(edit) nope, no mods.

So you opted for more ammo? Smart choice

Although I think argent cells should be allowed as some form of pseudo-backpack :P (ammo only)

ya but then you can go ham with chain saw, I can't chain saw barons, manc, cybmancs, you know, the big stuff, suprisingly summoner only cost 3 ammo.

MrGlide said:

ya but then you can go ham with chain saw, I can't chain saw barons, manc, cybmancs, you know, the big stuff, suprisingly summoner only cost 3 ammo.

Yeah, in the classics the archville has a lower healthpool than barons and mancubi. Also goodluck. He may seem easy at first but he get progressively angrir and faster if you do enough damage to him. I was also doing a no upgrade run, I didnt realize that I only defeated the cyberdemon because of my upgrades and didnt even notice the agressive change until I experienced it.

Protip: shoot it until it dies.

archville has 800hp, baron 1000, and mancubie only has 600 if I remember correctly, yup just checked. Summoner dosn't got shit on the archville.

ahh with this little health If I'm hopping away from other enemies and she hits me it's game over, it happend to me on research labs during the berzerk room.(I'm working on figuring out the recording stuff right as we speak.) I thought I had shadow play but I guess it got uninstalled somehow, screw fraps and their 37 dollor charge.

Deatheye said:

no, the ultimate run would be without HUD, without upgrades and on ultra nightmare

Aka realism mode. Well doomguy without armor realism.

That's awesome man, and good luck to you. Can't wait to hear your experience.

I've beaten the campaign on both UV and NM and I was planning on doing a no upgrade run on UV. So what kind of experience am I getting myself into? I guess I mean as in how does being weaker overall and using stock weapons change your approach to combat?

#1. I'm not turning off my hud, I'll turn off indicators though.
@Johnatone It feels alot like a lvl 1 dark souls run. So you've only 3 chainsaw ammo max, you can only chainsaw lower end threats.

Reload canceling, it's really the only way to survive once you hit hell, And what I mean by that is use shotty, Then immeadietly switch to super shotty,Fire, then imeadietly switch to rocket launcher,fire, you can bypass your reload times and keep pressure on by switching weapons. it helps to stagger dangerouse enemies such as hell knights. for mancs I like to bounce from RL and gause like this.

Dodge like crazy and never stop moving. try to always be hoping to throw off shot's a little bit.

memorise everything, you'll wanna know when you've chainsaw/bfg ammo coming up and what threats will be coming when in lockdowns, so you can properly use powerups.

You'll use all of your weapons, hr actually gets mostly replaced at the end by the chaingun and plasma by gause.

Use barrels freely, Use glory kills to negate damage, but be carefull, because if they shot a projectile that hits you at the end of the i-frames it'll hurt/kill you(edit) many enemies are free to glory kill before they light up, like possesed scientists will go into glory kill without taking damage.

here's a test video I did on The first level on UNM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIqcwMXX43U&feature=youtu.be

for anyone watching was the quality ok? it's a little shaky but I think it worked out well. I'm going to hop on and give her a go.

MrGlide said:

for anyone watching was the quality ok? it's a little shaky but I think it worked out well. I'm going to hop on and give her a go.

The quality is fine. Also, damn youre good.

oh, thank you very much, I wasn't expecting that. It is the first level and there arn't any real threats there so lol. if you saw me playing normally on the later levels on this playthrough I die alot lol.

I got all the way to the end of Vega and had to call it quits for the night, I'll try to record this last fight when I do it, it's pretty damn hard.