Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

What are your favorite video games?

So I was curious, what are some video games you people like doom isn't a valid answer

It doesn't matter what genre, year, or quality the game has, if you love it, name it!

Here are some in no particular order;

Quake
Half-Life
Dead Space 1 & 2
Silent Hill 1-3
Resident Evil 1-Code Veronica X
Sonic The Hedgehog 1-3

This list is in no particular order along with some of my favorite quotes from each (Because why not, each game I play has at least one memorable line in it)

Deus Ex: "Soon I will leave this body and death will have no meaning!"-Bob Page

Morrowind: "Wake Up. We're Here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up. Stand up. There you go. You were dreaming. What's your name?"- Jiub

Fallout 2: "Any moment now and I'll have your sorry ass in a sling" -Enclave Soldier

Doom: "Oremor nhoj em llik tsum uoy emag eht niw ot" -Icon of Sin

Thief: "Join Us, Join Us, Join us NOW!" -Hamerite Haunt

Ultima VII: "Avatar! Know That Britannia has entered a new age of Darkness, Know that the time has finally come to bow down to its new... Guardian" -The Gaurdian

doom - Some stupid obscure shooter I liked as a kid.

Splatterhouse 3 - I loved how they turned it from a normal side scroller into a side scrolling beat-em-up in this one. Plus the music kicked ass.

Warhammer 40000: Space Marine - Because 40k.

Dawn of War: Soulstorm - Because 40k.

Robotron: 2084 - A damn near perfect video game in my mind. The sound, graphics, and especially the controls, were all done so well.

Alien vs Predator (the arcade game) - Way, way too much fun.

The Last Blade 2 - Best fighting game I have ever played. I still have my copy of the first one for NeoGeo.

Soldier Blade - One of the best shmups I've ever played.

Dance Dance Revolution - The 1st through 8th Mix games were great. I still remember dropping $20+ a night on it whenever I visited my local arcade.

World of Warcraft - Something I never thought I'd get into since I don't usually like RPGs.

Omitting the obvious...

1. The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
Everything about this game is perfect. It's so long, emotionally grabbing, aesthetically and musically beautiful, and difficult.

2. The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Everything about Ocarina Of Time, just a lot darker. It also had a cool time travel element which made the gameplay interesting.

3. Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
This Metal Gear was my favorite. I liked how you were able to change the camera angle from straight above you to right behind you. I hated the above camera angle. I also like the knife executions. "SPEAK!"

4. Max Payne
Such a cool game. Everything great about a noir film...in game form. You're a depressed detective who is stalked by death, you wear a leather coat, you shoot shit on slow motion, you're addictex to painkillers...it's great.

5. Dead Space
One of my newer favorites. I was recently exposed to this title by a buddy. All he showed me was the trailer and I was hooked. "Twinkle, twinkle, little star..."

6. Jurassic Park
My favorite sega genesis game. You got to play as a fucking velociraptor. I am pretty sure that this game is responsible for my first erection for that very reason.

7. Earthworm Jim
Anthropomorphic worm. Gun. Much 90s. Very fun.

8. Heroes Of Might And Magic III
This game is still fun to play on hot seat with my dad and cousins.

9. Age of Empires II: The Age Of Kings
Think civilization without the turn based system. This game was an awesome journey through societal and militaristic evolution.

10. Road Rash II
Another Sega Genesis title. You race motorcycle and hit people with your fists, feet, clubs, and chains. Badass game.

Doom - Single player is always fun but holy shit there's simply no other PVP (DM) like it. A league all its own 23 years later, we all know this, but god damn that's impressive.

Street Fighter 2 - Favorite 1v1 fighting game by a mile. Super tight controls, great variety of attacks and playstyles, well balanced characters (especially in New Challengers and after), simply a fantastic game. Relatively active community too, can always find a FightCade match.

Mario series, particularly oldschool stuff. Best platformers ever..

I ramble on about this more on my site, http://doomshack.org/aboutme.html if anyone is actually interested. To summarize my remaining favorites: Smash Bros, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, Mortal Kombat, loads and loads of arcade classics, etc etc

Bordsrlands (All): It's a surprisingly dense story that shows the process of decay that power has on people. They've introduced some cool characters. The art style is timeless and it will and has aged well.

Quake (1&3): the best arena shooter ever.

Doom: Modders are my heroes. There are so many reasons why I wouldn't be able to mention it.

Time Splitters 2: The map making, the mini games, the bots, the characters (like 100+), the story and time element.

Prince of Persia (NES) A lot of games today agent as beautiful as this game. Holy shit!

GTA: I've been a fan since 3 and I probably always will be.

Skate 3: Skating is an art.

Rocksmith: It helps! ...but be prepared to spend a little extra to get the sound linked up. Make sure you don't throw away your component cables.

Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge: The emersion. I have never seen another game that comes even close to packing all the excitement of video golf into one executable. Get two, because you're not sharing with Kaitlin.

Medal of Honor: The one with Stalingrad. That was a slick map.

Super Mariokart: My brother and I played sickening amounts of this game as kids.

Resident Evil 2: why don't more games try to rip off this game?

Hunter: The Reckoning: Fun to play with a few friends locally.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

There are a lot of games that are amazing!

Not sure I could rank them but here's a list. These were extremely hard to nail down....I...I can't make it any smaller:

-Zelda Twilight Princess
-Half-Life 2
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Unreal
-Serious Sam 3 BFE
-The Talos Principle
-Portal 2
-Star Wars Episode 1: Racer
-Age of Empires II
-Batman: Arkham Asylum
-Shadow Complex
-Super Metroid
-Metroid Prime
-Space Quest
-The Secret of Monkey Island
-King's Quest
-Oblivion
-Skyrim
-Sonic 3 & Knuckles
-Minesweeper

Doominator2, i really like the idea of listing games and favourite quotes from it. So here's my list:

Gothic II. "I think I'm gonna punch you in the face!" - Nameless Hero

Thief: The Dark Project. "Bow to The Woodsie Lord and offer your flesh-eye so that his Eye of Stone may see, Manfool!" - Victoria, during an epic plot twist.

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. "Eindringling!" (German for "Intruder", i think) - every single enemy in the game.

System Shock 2. "The Polito form is dead, insect!" - SHODAN, during an epic plot twist.

Blood. "I'm here to donate some blood. Someone else's.." - Caleb, upon entering a hospital.

Half-Life 1/2. "..." - Gordon Freeman.

Serious Sam 1/3. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" - beheaded kamikaze.

Doom 3. "Death will not be your end; your soul will burn in Hell forever." - Dr. Betruger.

Left 4 Dead 1/2. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, FRANCIS?" - Bill, when shot by Francis.

Outside of Doom the games I played most were:

Mortal Kombat II - lacks depth but was a lot of fun.
Championship Manager 2 - or Football Manager more recently
Fire Pro Wrestling Returns - awesome edits and tons of depth
Hotline Miami - have to mention this recently class game. Ultravoilence and a pumping OST

DOOM. Obviously.

Dead Space 2. It improves upon the first game in a lot of ways and is just great in general. The atmosphere is top-notch.

Trine. Perfect game in every way imaginable. Visuals and music are especially great.

Ori and the Blind Forest. See Trine.

Super Meat Boy. The first hardcore platformer I played and started my love for the genre. Not to mention - again - its visuals and music.

Crash Bandicoot 2. Builds almost flawlessly upon the foundation laid by the first game.

Unreal. Badass music, top-notch atmosphere and fun gameplay. 'Nuff said.

Outside of Doom and other Id Software FPS games(which make up 90% of what I play), I'd say my favorites are GTA San Andreas, Postal 2(yeah), Terraria and Blood. I'm also very fond of the 16-bit era console games.

Deus Ex 1 and 3, System Shock and Bioshock, Thief series, Metal Gear series, Super Metroid, Silent Hill trilogy, Marathon trilogy, Half-Life series, Megaman franchise (especially Classic and X,) Fallout series, Duke3D, I mean there's loads more but those're constants.

I'v many. To many. I could drop a wall of text of what I consider 5/5 games but I'll keep it to my tip top favorites.

Resident Evil 4
Ninja Gaiden 1+2
Halo 3
Half-Life 2
Quake 1
Unreal Tournement
Gears of War 3
Tetris
I love all the Metal Gear Games.
Mortal Kombat 9
Sonic The Hedgehog 3
Shinobi 3
LandStalker
GTA V
Final Fantasy Tactics
Tenchu
Castlevainia SOTN + Bloodlines
Puzzle Fighter 2: Turbo
Street Fighter 3rd strike
Tekken Tag 2
Call of Duty: Nazi Zombies
That's enough for now.

Let's see:
Star Trek Online
Perfect Dark
Goldeneye 64
James Bond Everything or Nothing
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Morrowind and Oblivion
Doom 64
GTA Vice City
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Diablo II
TLoZ: The Twilight Princess (despite disliking the wolf parts)
Blood
Mass Effect 2
Max Payne
Fallout New Vegas
STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat
Doom 2 (because of custom maps and mods)
Quake 2
Shadow Warrior '97
Rogue Squadron 2+3
Empire at War and Forces of Corruption
Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy
KotOR II: The Sith Lords
Sea Dogs 2 and Age of Pirates 2 City of Abandoned Ships
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door

I guess that's all of them.

Lode Runner, Jetpack, The Incredible Machine, Doom 1+2, Quake 1+3, Duke Nukem 3D.

Well get ready for a big list:
Any ID FPS game.
Any NeoGeo Arcade, specially the Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury, Metal Slug, Samurai Showdown, King of Fighters, Shock Troopers, Last Blade, World Heroes, Sengoku, SVC:Chaos and Savage Reign and its sequel Kizuna Encounter.
Any Capcom fighting game and beat'em'up like AvP, Punisher and some others i don't remember, also Street Fighter series, i love the story in those games and CvS.
Any Tekken, Mario plataformers, Blood and its sequel, Shadow Warrior '97 and the '13 reboot, any Duke Nukem, in particular the PSX third-person ones and DN3D.
Any Ford Racing game, yes you heard it.
Gran Turismo up to 6, incluiding the Concept series and excluiding 5 because frankly PD, 5 sucked ass.
Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition Remix, Juiced, Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge, Medal of Honor up to Alied Assault and it's expansions.
Any Evil Dead game, yes incluiding that PSX one.
Any RE up to 5 incluiding some spin-offs.
All the Spider Man movie games.
The Spider Man beat'em'ups, along with Web of Shadows, Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time.
Any Prince of Persia up to The Two Thrones.
Batman on Nes, Batman Returns for Snes, Adventures of Batman and Robin for both Gen and Snes, Batman Vengeance and the Arkham series.
Any Castlevania up to Sotn.
Any Earthbound and Undertale.
All the Medievil games, any Jak and Daxter, any Ratchet and Clank, any Sly, any Twisted Metal and any God of War.
The AGVN games.
Powerslave, Heretic and its sequel along with Hexen and it's sequel too.
Hacx, Strife, Disruptor, Redneck Rampage and it's expansions, Crusaders of Might and Magic, Warriors of Might and Magic, Rune, Max Payne and the sequel, Punisher '05 and NFS:MW '05.
Any Hokuto no Ken game, any DBZ from the Snes era up to Raging Blast 2 except GT:FB and Taiketsu because they are horrible.
One Piece Pirate Warriors series, any Ninja Gaiden incluiding Yaiba:Ninja Gaiden Z.
Any Splatterhouse, any Mortal Kombat excluiding the PSX awful games.
M.U.G.E.N.
Die by the Sword, SiN, Kingpin and any Serious Sam.
Finally any Armored Core.

This is my personal Top 10, my favorite period for games was easily the late 90's, just so much style to those games.

1.Deus Ex
2.Doom
3.Unreal Tournament
4.Mafia
5.GTA:Vice City
6.Blood
7.Kingpin
8.Carmageddon
9.Hexen
10.System Shock 2

Honorible Mentions: SiN, Age of Empires 2, Rainbow Six:Rogue Spear, Resident Evil:Remake, Silent Hill 2

J.B.R said:

Any Evil Dead game, yes incluiding that PSX one.

I don't think the PSX one was bad, it was just brutally difficult(mainly because of the respawning enemies), but other than that it's just like Resident Evil, only with deadites instead of zombies.

Doom franchise, Max Payne franchise, Quake franchise, Dark Forces franchise, Battlefront 1-Elite Squadrons, Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis, Chasm: The Rift, Zoo Tycoon, Star Wars Episode I Racer, Deer Hunter The 2005 Season, Team Fortress 2, OverWatch is on its way, CS:GO.
Probably some others, but these are the ones that come to mind.

-Monster Hunter series (Multiple Consoles).
-Toukiden Kiwami (PSP,Vita,PS4).
-God Eater series (PSP,Vita,PS4).
-Nightmare Creatures 2 (PS1).
-Alundra (PS1).
-Mortal Kombat Armageddon (PS2).
-Silent Hill Origins (PS2,PSP).
-TES: Oblivion and Daggerfall (PC).
-GTA series (PC,PS2).
-Phantasy Star Universe (PC,PS2).
-Shinobido: Way of the Ninja (PS2).
-Final Fantasy V (SNES,PS1,PC).
-Dino Crisis 2 (PS1,PC).
-Cold Fear (PS2,PC).
-Dino Stalker (PS2).
-Contra Series.

In no particular order.

Let's see, it's obvious that I like DOOM. So here goes nothing.

-Rayman franchise
-Serious Sam franchise
-Blood
-Fallout franchise
-EarthBound franchise
-Sonic The Hedgehog (most of the older games, Adventure 1 through 2 are good, most of the modern ones are as well, while others... Fall flat into the pits of Hell)
-Super Mario
-Marathon Trilogy

The list goes on and on, I don't wanna make this post too long.

-Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, Half-life 2 Synergy and Obsidian Conflict mods .
-Doom (2016)
-Splinter Cell Conviction, Chaos Theory
-GTA V
-Halo Online
-Q.U.B.E
-Portal 2
-Kreedz Climbing
-One Unit Whole Blood

- Medieval Total War 2
- Mount & Blade: Warband
- 7 Days to Die
- Doom 1, 2 and 2016
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R

There are so many others I loved, but it's this list that I cherish the most. These games I'm the most excited for updates, mods and get the urge to replay all over again.

Duke 3D
Marathon
Any Fallout that isn't that shity Xbox one called BoS
Warframe
Dark souls
Any Halo but 4
Gears of War
Yakuza
GTA (except Liberty City Stories, die in a fire)
Elder Scrolls (Except the first 2, they play like shit)
Destiny (because my life sucks)
Saints Row 2, and only 2

I'm sure there is more but I'm not looking at my game list right now.