Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
julz_d

The very beginning of the game

What Are they doing to doom guy at the very beginning of the game? They trying to probe him or something? There's all this equipment with needles and stuff waving around. And he is unclothed. If that's the case no wonder he's so angry.

he was sealed away until the very moment the game starts. the moment the game starts is when the top is lifted off of him, if im not mistaken. They were probably trying to open it ahead of time to control the doomguy, evidenced by the hologram you see after pressing the button for the door where olivia comes in and says "we have to contain this"

Well technically, Doomslayer was already contained in that sacrophagus. So I don't see why opening it would help the containment.

Moon Marin said:

he was sealed away until the very moment the game starts. the moment the game starts is when the top is lifted off of him, if im not mistaken. They were probably trying to open it ahead of time to control the doomguy, evidenced by the hologram you see after pressing the button for the door where olivia comes in and says "we have to contain this"

I think the "we have to contain him" was more like don't open the damn casket

Voros, Olivia Knew that Hayden wanted to open the sarcophagus to gain the upper hand against hell. So she wanted to stop hayden, but she failed.
That's why in Olivia office you see an hologram of her, saying that it wasn't her fault, that Hayden knew where to find the sarcophagus and most important how to open it.

If you read the codex entries it implies they've already opened the sarcophagus but he was protected by a barrier of argent energy.

"Whether he is god, demon or human will remain undetermined until the Argent barrier protecting his body can be deactivated."

"...Once tethered and returned to the UAC, the sarcophagus was studied and first opened at the Lazarus Labs, but went missing a few weeks later. It was believed that Samuel Hayden had the body and Praetor suit moved and hidden to keep it secure, although why he considered it to be under threat is unknown."

Wild Dog said:

Voros, Olivia Knew that Hayden wanted to open the sarcophagus to gain the upper hand against hell. So she wanted to stop hayden, but she failed.
That's why in Olivia office you see an hologram of her, saying that it wasn't her fault, that Hayden knew where to find the sarcophagus and most important how to open it.

I wonder who she was talking to?

massivefanofdoom said:

The dark lord of the 4th age

Is that something in the codex?

They were setting up an anal probe to see if it stretches like a normal person's. Doomguy is understandably pissed about it (And sore).

Piper Maru said:

The Doom Guy is apparently a Sealed Badass in a Can, too much for the demons to handle. And Hayden's secret weapon.

So this game is truly about opening a can of whoopass.

OK sorry if that was too intense but I guess I was wondering because the quake 4 guy got worse than probes xd

Who is the voice waking the player in the very beginning?

The dark lord of the 4th age: Although he interacts with other characters (Olivia Pierce) I don't think it's him.

A Seraphim? Like in the drawing (Codes Doom Marine 2/2, 7VPMJ2IQ) or Codex Slayers Testament III (HR93TE1F).

The wretch who shall not be named (Codes Slayers Testament VI, WMHVVFJ). I don't think the wretch is a Seraphim since he is not named among them.

Satan? Maybe if he abused Hayden to bridge earth and hell.

Maybe it's the same voice who commaned Jacobson how to capture the cyberdemon (mentioned in Codex Cyberdemon 3/3, RNOR75J)?

But what about these words said in the very beginning??

"They are rage.Brutal.Without mercy.But you. You will be worse. Rip And Tear! Until it is done??"

who said this message in the first place?

Was he the one who canned him in his sarcophagus?

Was he the one who opened it for him??

PLEASE GIVE ME ANSWERS!

AbhinandAnilDoomguy said:

Was he the one who canned him in his sarcophagus?

Was he the one who opened it for him??

He was put there priests of hell according to Slayer Testament. I don't think they freed him...

But what about these words said in the very beginning??

"They are rage.Brutal.Without mercy.But you. You will be worse. Rip And Tear! Until it is done??"

I think it's echoes from the past. A commander from an older time.

I think 'Hell' has been fought over for a long time for it's power (medieval arrows and shields found in hell), and the original inhabitants, the demons, aren't too bright as you've seen. Behind it all, in my theory, are beings from different planets and times, fighting over the power of the 'Hell' world, and some of them, getting caught up in their beliefs, specifically Judeo-Christian, in which some of them give in to idea of the power of Hell, and become demon worshipers. All the architecture in Hell was built by humans, not dumb, brutish 'demons' (the creatures that inhabit this strange planet).

I think humans were helped by aliens, in older times, given technology that the old knight's armor is forged from. The UAC converted Doomslayer's old suit into a more UAC style suit, that still wouldn't work properly without the Slayer himself in it.

I'm still not sure what I think the Slayer is. An 'angel', or an human-alien hybrid? Certainly not a normal human.

This comes down to whether this universe is really playing the idea of a real 'spiritual' world, or one that is misunderstood as such by creatures entangled in their myths with the power of the 'hell' world.

Sig said:

This comes down to whether this universe is really playing the idea of a real 'spiritual' world, or one that is misunderstood as such by creatures entangled in their myths with the power of the 'hell' world.

While I agree with most of your post I disagree here. On of Doom core concepts is Hell vs. Mankind. If Hell is explained as another Alien dimension, whats the difference to Quake, Half Life and so on? I remember Doom the Movie beeing heavily critized for dropping the Hell idea.

I think hayden freed him and the voice at the beginning sounds like someone else, not the dark lord. Maybe a seraphim or night sentinel commander / friend or the 'wretch'' who helped him. He has a flashback from the past perhaps. (He being doomslayer)

A thing I can't figure out is how that statue of Doom Marine, UAC suit got there is hell, and has clearly been there a while.

Sig said:

UAC suit got there is hell, and has clearly been there a while.

Does it have a UAC mark on it? I don't think so.

In addition I always thought he somehow has time travel ability (one of the codex entry mentions he hunts demon in all places and times). This would make the following timeline possible:

1) Armageddon on Earth (he didn't survive Armageddon according to Codex)
2) He began slaughtering
3) He began time travelling (maybe this caused the events in Doom 1+2)
4) Sometime he was given a marine suit with enhancements (Praetor suit) by the wretch. The marine suit resembles common technology of that time.
5) He continues slaughtering in past and future.
6) He gets trapped in Hell
7) UAC finds him, events of Doom 2016 start

Different approach (no time travelling):
1) Armageddon on Earth-like planet which existed before earth (he didn't survive Armageddon according to Codex)
2) He began slaughtering
3) Sometime he was given a marine suit with enhancements (Praetor suit) by the wretch. The marine suit resembles common technology of that time, maybe of his homeworld.
4) He continues slaughtering in dimensions (maybe even earth).
5) He gets trapped in Hell
6) UAC finds him, events of Doom 2016 start

But what is Samuel Hayden's role in finding Doomguy?

Did he search for him or did they find him by accident? I think the latter. When they found him Samuel learned the Doomguy
1) could be the emergency exit if somethig goes wrong
2) could be the one who finds the Crucible

After Olivia initiated the demon invasion Samuel started 1+2.

igg said:

Does it have a UAC mark on it? I don't think so.

"I/O Logistics Manufacture" is on the suit. That can be found all over the UAC. (and UAC weapons)

Guys the suit is of unknown origin."The wretch who shall not be named" is all we get.He would suppose to gear up the Doomslayer.The suit indeed is a black magic it self.It seems it adjust to the time and space where the doom slayer appears.When u put up the helmet u can see the old runes turn in to english language.Why that is and why the rest of the Night sentinels appear in futuristic armour(if they are ancient race and on the scripture of Doomslayer u can see they are fighting with swords as well as in Haydens office and statues in Argent 'd nur) is beyond my imagination.