Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrGlide

I'm at the spider mastermind, I'm so exited.

and scared at the same time, if she's like the other bosses and she 1hko's me with everything I'm in for a hard time. I'v not seen or heard of anyone else beating the game on NM: min upgrades, I'm not saying I'm a snowflake but I wonder If I'll be the first. I'll record it and post here in case you guys wan't to see it, and cut it to first and last try (I'm sure I'll die alot). Wish me luck friends =D.(edit) and my game crashed as I was going to get her into her crawling stage. ya with getting the timeing right she's the easiest boss by far on this run, I'll have her dead soon.

MrGlide said:

and scared at the same time, if she's like the other bosses and she 1hko's me with everything I'm in for a hard time. I'v not seen or heard of anyone else beating the game on NM: min upgrades, I'm not saying I'm a snowflake but I wonder If I'll be the first. I'll record it and post here in case you guys wan't to see it, and cut it to first and last try (I'm sure I'll die alot). Wish me luck friends =D.

Good luck buddy, so stoked you actually got to her!!! Wow, you must be damn good.

'Exited' huh; is that a freudian slip or your subconscious already betraying you?? :P :P XD

If you can record it without it stuttering your frames or your game jerking, please do.

I found her the easiest, surprisingly. And nothing she hits with will 1 hit ko you even with 100hp, afaik. THe all directions laser might be tricky though.

I did it, Might be world's first. I'm going to check around. but right now I'm fetting the video ready. Wheew I'm really happy right now. That was a hell of a run. Now I'v got to re-run it a few more times in prep for UNM.

MrGlide said:

I did it, Might be world's first. I'm going to check around. but right now I'm fetting the video ready. Wheew I'm really happy right now. That was a hell of a run. Now I'v got to re-run it a few more times in prep for UNM.

well done, can't wait for the video

A week ago, I beat Spider Mastermind on Nightmare, 2nd attempt. really easy once you know where to hit her and how to avoid her attacks.

ya she wasn't to hard on nightmare, especially with good upgrades you can really pound some damage on her, and take a deal of it as well.

Then do it lol. I'm working on a UNM run. You can say that, but in that same sense what's the point of beating any difficulty of the new doom if you can die as much as you want?

Deatheye said:

what's the point of that when you can die as often as you want

Oh come on dont be a prick, he didnt die in the boss stage itself else he would never complete it. Whats with the elitist attitude? Sheesh

Well done op. One question, why did you risk and get so close in the end bits when she can still attack even though she is hurt and almost finished? Is there a strategic advantage??

During tha laser part, or when she's wounded? She mainly attacks to her front so being off to the side and in air makes it so I'v a good shot and it's very unlikely she'll hit me, for the lazers, the closer you are the easier they are to dadge. Its all good, we didn't even know if it could be done yet, of course when someone does it on ultra it will overshadow my playthrough. And it's cool, but now we know we can.

MrGlide said:

During tha laser part, or when she's wounded? She mainly attacks to her front so being off to the side and in air makes it so I'v a good shot and it's very unlikely she'll hit me, for the lazers, the closer you are the easier they are to dadge. Its all good, we didn't even know if it could be done yet, of course when someone does it on ultra it will overshadow my playthrough. And it's cool, but now we know we can.

Both I guess - tnx for the answer.

One more as I'm gonna try UNM today - what was the easiest way of dealing with the shield shotgunners early on and the pinkies for you? Tnx

shields hands down easiest is just to gause them. one shot kill. same with hell razors, it's really nice to just to be able to fire and forget rather then piss around with them and have them take your focus away. Pinkies it's really important to know when they're coming, it's important to side step them, combat shotgun thewm in the back, then reload cancle into supershotty and usually that finishes them. beware when thy're charging you they will hit you if you try to jump over them. try to place grenades and rockets behind them. if they've their back to the wall, hat said wall with rocket and get that splash damage in. If a pinkie or HK is in the way of a choke point and you need to keep moving chainsaw them, both are common chainsaw targets for me. if you've any other questions feel free to ask.

MrGlide said:

shields hands down easiest is just to gause them. one shot kill. same with hell razors, it's really nice to just to be able to fire and forget rather then piss around with them and have them take your focus away. Pinkies it's really important to know when they're coming, it's important to side step them, combat shotgun thewm in the back, then reload cancle into supershotty and usually that finishes them. beware when thy're charging you they will hit you if you try to jump over them. try to place grenades and rockets behind them. if they've their back to the wall, hat said wall with rocket and get that splash damage in. If a pinkie or HK is in the way of a choke point and you need to keep moving chainsaw them, both are common chainsaw targets for me. if you've any other questions feel free to ask.

Thanks a lot - for possessed security i meant early on in level 2 before the gauss? Seems doing the side step shotgun thingy ala pinky with them is risky as they still hit you, so grenades or shotgun rxplosive shot??

I don't really see how nightmare without upgrades is even close to ultra nightmare with upgrades, but if you could do it on UNM than that would be more interesting. As for first to do it on regular nightmare without upgrades, who knows, maybe MrZzul, he did UNM attempt recently on twitch.tv and died somewhere before the cyberdemon I believe, maybe he played through it on regular nightmare some time ago, I have no idea. I did regular nightmare without upgrades not too long ago myself, but with checkpoints it's not really too much of a challenge.

Afaik nobody has done it on ultra nightmare yet, if it wasn't for the ridiculous damage a self rocket does I don't think it would be too difficult to do. I found everything from the cyberdemon and onwards quite easy, as you get so many BFG cells. All the bosses are easily dealt with after some practice too.

Good luck if you're going for UNM next.

ZeroMaster010 said:

I don't really see how nightmare without upgrades is even close to ultra nightmare with upgrades, but if you could do it on UNM than that would be more interesting. As for first to do it on regular nightmare, who knows, maybe MrZzul, he did UNM attempt recently on twitch.tv and died somewhere before the cyberdemon I believe, maybe he played through it on regular nightmare some time ago, I have no idea. I did regular nightmare without upgrades not too long ago myself, but with checkpoints it's not really too much of a challenge.

Afaik nobody has done it on ultra nightmare yet, if it wasn't for the ridiculous damage a self rocket does I don't think it would be too difficult to do. I found everything from the cyberdemon and onwards quite easy, as you get so many BFG cells. All the bosses are easily dealt with after some practice too.

Are you THE zeromaster :O?

Deatheye said:

Are you THE zeromaster :O?

This, if you are props to the 4 coolant room in your run you made it look so easy with 2 bfg hits, I used the bfg too but even after 4 or 5 hits there was stuff everywhere.

ZeroMaster010 said:

I don't really see how nightmare without upgrades is even close to ultra nightmare with upgrades.

considering how much more dps and utility you can achive with weapon mods(not even upgrading them) is huge. No runes, and preator tokens, or other argent energy means there is no way to cheese anything, either you kill everything in the lockdowns While maintaining and managing your ammo or you go no further. I did no out of bounds and I also killed everything. no health upgrades means you can only take litterally a few hits before dieing for those who don't know. I really feel UN and NM:min upgrades are two sides of the same coin. min upgrades is like beating dark souls without leveling up (which was fun as well). Nice Run on Ultra btw, it was fun to watch. And thanks for the good luck man, I appreciate it.
@Doomfan, just use the plasma rifle and wipe them out, if for some reason you see them before you get the secret one just keep your distance, nade and pistol their hands.