Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
antares031

Post Your Death-Marker on Ultra Nightmare

Whenever you die on Ultra Nightmare, you leave the death-marker to praise your exertion, or to mock your stupidity because you failed to that jumping puzzle for children, on the hardest difficulty of this game. And in order to find your death-marker, you need to try again and push forward until you reach the spot where you died before. Since I'm not a player with skill, I've never completed the Doom with Ultra Nightmare so far. But I believe that if I try to track my death-marker with the farthest progression, one day I will beat the game with Ultra Nightmare. So I'm going to post my death-marker with the best result to encourage myself. And you can post your death-marker if you're in the same idea with me.

#3 - Argent Facility

#2 - Kadingir Sanctum

#1 - Argent Facility (Destoryed)

My current attempt has reached the Lazarus Complex. Wish me luck.

P.S.: Yes, I guess imps and zombies are quite intimidating on Ultra Nightmare.

Glaice said:

Your image links are broke btw.

They should be working now. Sometimes puush has a problem with server connection.

I love your avatar antares031, I'll give unm another shot tonight and continue my run I was doing, When I first played unm I get wrecked in the first level XD. I'll see how far I can get.

#0 - Necropolis

And this death-marker will be the last one I'm going to upload, because of this.

MrGlide said:

...When I first played unm I get wrecked in the first level XD. I'll see how far I can get.

Don't worry, I also got myself killed in the first level. Sadly, I couldn't find my marker in the first level after some more deaths.

mistercow said:

How many helmets did you see on the final boss

I could not count every helmets, but I can say at least four helmets. Three on the ground, and one above the column.

Ironically, imps are probably the most dangerous enemy in the game. They never stop moving, have fantastic AI and spam their attacks while appearing in huge numbers. Plus a normal fireball alone hits for almost 50hp in u/nm.

PS: What denotes the colour of the marker? blue,red,yellow ....

once you learn to dance with them they're not to bad, and if you move through an arena in clockwork fashion, and make sure not to jump or dodge outward or a way that keeps you in their line of sight in a slow fashion they'll have a hard time pegging you from far away.

Dragonfly said:

Wow, dying there would be enough to piss anyone off! Congratulations antares!

Even dying from Kadinger Sanctum gave me a lot of frustration. I can see the indescribable anger of those players who fell before the Spider Mastermind. :S

massivefanofdoom said:

PS: What denotes the colour of the marker? blue,red,yellow ....

I don't know about it correctly, but the red indicates the marker of current player. Strangely, the color of my markers were changed to blue one after my nickname was slightly changed.

antares031 said:

I don't know about it correctly, but the red indicates the marker of current player. Strangely, the color of my markers were changed to blue one after my nickname was slightly changed.

Makes sense, if your name changed then the markers wouldn't think they were yours anymore.

Not really dead, but I won't really be playing it any more. Just wanted the achievement to fill out the set.

got backstabbed in the room and died unexpectedly. i've made it to the Foundry now. no idea if i'll make it to the end or not, but i'm gonna continue playing tomorrow i think. (no idea why the marker is yellow)

imps are really dangerous on this difficulty setting. they're fast, can climb pretty much everywhere, throws really powerful fireballs at you, and can charge at you, too.

Viscra Maelstrom said:

imps are really dangerous on this difficulty setting. they're fast, can climb pretty much everywhere, throws really powerful fireballs at you, and can charge at you, too.

just like Doom 1993 where the imp's fireballs became fast and lethal in nightmare.