Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Already moved on

Haven't played the game for like a week and have already gone back to old Doom (well Doom 64 EX actually).

Anyone else already sick of the new Doom?

Same, Nothing interesting is happening with the New Doom, lots of SnapMaps look/feel similar, Even Multiplayer is boring .

Voltcom9 said:

Wow that was quick. Doesn't the new DOOM have any replay value?

It has, Singleplayer at least when you want to look for all the Hidden Easter eggs, Trophies, Secrets .... etc

Multiplayer is Basically all about leveling up and unlocking customizations .

We need sequel-xpac asap, i'm doing unm but there isnt much after that. Already found all secrets, runes, upgrades challenges classicrooms etc...

Still a great game i love but the replay value isnt so strong

Voltcom9 said:

Wow that was quick. Doesn't the new DOOM have any replay value?

Not really. The biggest flaw in the game is how arena based the combat is. It means that all the levels play the same. The levels almost feel like different wallpapers rather than actual levels. You enter an area, demon waves spawn, you then enter the next area etc. It gets old quick. I was actually bored before the end of even my first playthrough. And the fact that snapmap has terrible SP options is really just the nail in the coffin.

Lots of people have praised the new Doom for saying it's so good and old school, but I bet that the game will be dead in the water less than 2 months from now.

I am almost tempted to say that Doom 3 was actually a better game, because while it may have had worse gameplay the actual experience was much more memorable. I still remember lots of stuff from Doom 3 (albeit because I have played it a few times) but there is nothing very memorable in the new Doom since it's all just mindless wave combat. In the long term it is very possible that when I look back I will actually see Doom 3 as the better game overall for this reason alone.

Well... I got my money's worth.

I didn't expect to play Doom 2016 for years, unlike the OG Doom's.

It succeeded as a great reboot and that's good enough for me.

Unless you've already made up your mind that Doom '16 sucks, it has oodles of replay value. Try a higher difficulty, or a no upgrades run.

hardcore_gamer said:

The biggest flaw in the game is how arena based the combat is. It means that all the levels play the same. The levels almost feel like different wallpapers rather than actual levels. You enter an area, demon waves spawn, you then enter the next area etc. It gets old quick.

That's just not true. The level design for most of the game is rather open, intricate, and ripe for secret hunting. It's only the last two or three levels that become too arena heavy, which I would agree is a flaw.

DoomUK said:

Unless you've already made up your mind that Doom '16 sucks, it has oodles of replay value. Try a higher difficulty, or a no upgrades run.

Then again, you could say that about basically any game.

I still find myself to play the game couple of hours per week to get to 100%, and I sometime even play some multiplayer.

SnapMap - allthough I really looked forward to it - somehow is dead to me, and I can't even explain why that is. I guess my expectations where too big.

I enjoy Doom 2016, I think it is one of the best FPS in recent years, and I gives me a good FPS fix which I greatly enjoy.

But I also play other stuff more at the moment.

If they release a SP DLC, I will order it, and if they release Doom 2 2018, I will preorder if it looks to be the same game.

To me, it currently takes the same spot that Wolfenstein: TNO took couple of years ago. I finished it, and always went back to 100% it, and finally to beat it on harder difficulties. I think it will be the same with Doom.

I agree that the arena structure somehow takes away some replayability in regards to other shooters, because the fights are "unstructured" in regards to - for example - Wolfenstein: TNO (or similar FPS) where the level structure and enemy placement is clearly defined (as long as you don't sound an alarm), and you think about how to tackle it best. Then again, it's a different game.

I love it, I enjoy it, and I hope I will get the chance to play more (new) SP maps from it which are close in quality to the original game.

I haven't gotten around to trying nightmare yet but ultra violence through the campaign was a blast, and some of the snapmaps ive seen screenshots of but not yet played look very promising.

I'm already playing on Nightmare, and even then I still play on my UV save file whenever I feel like it.

There's days when I move onto Fallout 4 though.

I got all the achievements and completed the campaign twice. I replayed so many levels over and over to get 100% so now I'm too bored to complete my attempt in Nightmare, at least for now.

I use to play my share of Multiplayer, I still do have good fun but easily get exhausted.

I finally started messing with Snapamp and made my first proper map and actually enjoyed it, mostly. So there is still some life in Doom 2016 for me.

Not every game needs to be designed for an endless lifespan like an RPG. The whole reason I was looking forward to DOOM was because it would be an extremely fun, pure, immediate experience.

Just like the original, DOOM is the type of game I'll replay at least once or twice a year when I need a great core experience. It's not the type of game I'll sink my teeth into and start a second life exploring the world for hundreds of hours. That's what RPGs are for.

Snapmap is the problem - with a better snapmap without stupid limitations... endless possibilities - endless fun

Really hope they kick the gears and release something for the game. The game looks like it'd lend itself decently to player editing and it'd be a shame if they didn't try hand at making anything for it at all.

That aside, where are those so called snapmap updates? Been meandering to ask people who have the game if there has been any sort of major update as of late but doesn't seem like it.

Almonds said:

That aside, where are those so called snapmap updates? Been meandering to ask people who have the game if there has been any sort of major update as of late but doesn't seem like it.

Most of the dev team have been on vacation, so there's been no possibility of major updates yet.

Snapmap and multiplayer are mediocre, I'd rather ply other games

I've already beaten the campaign three times (I got all the secrets on my first run), and I'm bored of playing the same old missions, I need something new and fun

I've completed every difficulty besides Ultra Nightmare (because the crashing). The replay value in this game is combat. It's really addicting, but I'm burnt out and have moved on to Quake 1, for some sporadic reason.

As of now, I haven't been able to update the game because my PS4 doesn't get internet, so I haven't decided on the MP or SnapMap. I did, however, get to play the Alpha and I can say the Alpha turned out to be exactly like the final state, expect it's more fleshed out and a bit more colorful.

But even then the Alpha proved that DOOM 2016 can't run on my potato.

i play snapmap, and mp a little every day. im taking a break from campaign but still play 1 level here and there

DoomUK said:

This exactly. I've even been playing levels I've already got 100% on, simply because it's a damn fun game. I doubt I'll be done with it any time soon.

Since the release of Overwatch on the 23rd last month I haven't played DOOM at all really. DOOM's multiplayer and Snapmap were severely disappointing to me, and the Single-player campaign is getting to the point where it's very samey, and for me, too easy. I know the location of every secret, I know mostly where monsters spawn, the enemy composition and amount in the different arenas, and I've gotten so good at the game that Nightmare feels like a cakewalk, and Ultra-Nightmare is the only real challenge I have left. I just don't think UN is very fun. A random death in Lazarus and I have to start all over from the UAC? No thanks.

I keep replaying it over and over, looking for everything too that I missed earlier. Too much fun. Haven't bothered with Snapmap or MP yet tho.

I started on Uncharted 4 (and Quantum Break before that) just prior to DOOM being release, got a few levels in, been meaning to get back to that, but DOOM just keeps my attention longer. I guess when I burn out on it, I'll get back to U4 or QB, but even then, don't know how long that will be.

Still having a blast with Doom.. going over everything creating gameplay videos with the PS4's share ability..
Currently working on a new video, trying to go for a cinematic playthrough with no hud or crosshairs, showing more of the level design/artwork.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3X7lkiNWAo
Its unfinished atm, trying to include most of the game without hud/crosshairs.

I cracked a smile looking at this thread considering the first few posters that all seem in agrence have been bitching about the game since launch XD. I can't get enough of the single player myself. Mp is ok but I feel is way to hampered by hackers for me to continue to enjoy like this.

MrGlide said:

I cracked a smile looking at this thread considering the first few posters that all seem in agrence have been bitching about the game since launch XD

Yep, the first 3 people are perfect examples of those "in the past living individuals" who hate everything new

Deatheye said:

Yep, the first 3 people are perfect examples of those "in the past living individuals" who hate everything new

Saying "Honest opinions" doesn't automatically mean "this guy's living in past", I Think you're just being a rude .