Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CeeJay

[3DGE] Marathon 2 gameplay mod UPDATED

An old mod of mine that came to life sometime back in 2010. 'twas a interesting year in my life going through a tragic loss (two of 'em, actually), modding kept me occupied and prevented my brain from slipping into a coma. A lot of mods and half-baked ideas sprung into existence around that year. I recently dug this turkey up and spent some time polishing and improving upon it, on and off between 2015 and 2016, to make it presentable and bringing it to working order. So what is it? No big deal really, just a Marathon 2 weapons/gameplay mod. But it's quite fun, especially that M2 shotgun.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/v4xmi61ku6pjfw0/MARDOOM.WAD

Credits:
Bungie, Inc.
id Software
Paranoid Productions (Damage Incorporated)
Ian McConville (Marathon: RED)
The EVIL Group (Marathon: Evil)

Well, in all honesty Duke it Out in Doom is technically only inspired by the source game (not an accurate port) and the Doom 4 mod was a silly idea now dead and buried. There are plenty of other D4 mods out there now, vastly superior to anything I could achieve.

I have a ton of unfinished mods that I've worked on through out the years. Some good, some bad and some mediocre at best.

Alrighty, I believe it's presentable now.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v4xmi61ku6pjfw0/MARDOOM.WAD

Some things to note:

1) IT'S FOR (HYPER) 3DGE
2) Unlike Marathon, the scope on the pistol can be used (zoom)
3) The Missile Launcher is not widescreen-friendly, kinda hoping someone could help me with that
4) The Alien Weapon is cheat-only
5) Dual wielding is a little wonky in comparision to the Marathon games (it's technically still one single weapon)
6) IT'S FOR (HYPER) 3DGE

Enjoy!

CeeJay said:

Some things to note:

1) IT'S FOR (HYPER) 3DGE
6) IT'S FOR (HYPER) 3DGE

Is (HYPER) 3DGE some kind of ZDoom? I don't understand this, are you saying this is a ZDoom mod? Can I run this with Brutal Doom?

*runs, arms flailing* :P

8 hours ago, plums said:

@wadmage

This mod isn't for GZDoom, it's for a port called EDGE. You can get it here if you still want to try it, the first file will probably work fine:

https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/3dge/

I don't think it works with EDGE classic but I'm not sure, can't test right now.

It does work with EDGE-Classic. Generally, if a mod is in WAD format, it will work. If it is an EPK, it's about 50/50 because our implementation of archive file support is different than EDGE 2.x.

EDIT: By EPK, I mean mods that predate EDGE-Classic. If it is an EPK that is made to our spec it would hopefully have a better than 50% chance

Edited by dasho