Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Cacowards 2016 Nomination Thread

Gothic said:

He was mapper of the year on 2011.

Is there a rule that you get one mapper of the year per lifetime?

No (AFAIK), but I can see why it's preferable to award a different mapper every year - there are surely many more mappers who deserve recognition that how many years the Cacowards are being held with just one mapper of the year per year.

Yeah, TimeOfDeath still hasn't got any and he has the biggest number of maps released without ever winning a Cacoward.

kuchitsu said:

Yeah, TimeOfDeath still hasn't got any and he has the biggest number of maps released without ever winning a Cacoward.

No, that's Doomguy 2000.

scifista42 said:

No (AFAIK), but I can see why it's preferable to award a different mapper every year - there are surely many more mappers who deserve recognition that how many years the Cacowards are being held with just one mapper of the year per year.

Heh, that makes a lot of sense, to be honest.

Not Jabba said:

Elf Gets Pissed is really good. Non-Doom wads can get Cacowards, right?

Yes, in fact there already are a couple of Heretic mods in the Cacowards (one by Kristus and one by Lutz).

Gez said:

If that counts, then Fraggle is the true victor. The Automatic SLIGE Megawad script has generated 159,968 maps as of 2016-05-27.

Double-bonus: That's 150k+ unique levels, rather than the same level 30,000 times. In the immortal words of that short bearded guy from that one series, "That still only counts as one!"

I revisit Bloodstain. I must say, it's the wad of the year so far. It's not Alien Vendetta or Scythe 2 hard, but it is up there. Could be a little more difficult, but I'm not complaining.

Would it be gauche to propose the DUMP series of ZDoom compilations? Only reason I'm hesitant to do so is that I contributed to the second, and intend to do so for the third, but even in the first batch there's a lot of really fun maps present.

+1 for Trailblazer for Best Gameplay Mod, assuming the Russian Overkill author can be nominated again.

Maybe we could make a "Best Wad Artstyle/Theme" Category? I'm sure Ancient Aliens would apply. Art can also transfer into combat creativity

SArais said:

Maybe we could make a "Best Wad Artstyle/Theme" Category? I'm sure Ancient Aliens would apply. Art can also transfer into combat creativity

That's kind of a cool idea, but it seems like any wad that would win it would be good enough to get spotlighted with a regular Cacoward anyway. This year it would be Ancient Aliens, last year it would have been Sunlust, the year before that probably BTSX E2. Unless someone manages to create something as visually spectacular as those wads without knowing how to put together halfway decent gameplay, it might be kind of a redundant award.

1+ for DUMP series, however long it goes for. In addition to having good maps, its bringing new members into mapping, which I thin alone deserves recognition.

Speakin' of AA, +1 for ancient aliens for "Best Trip" as it's combination of bizzare music, vibrant-yet-soft colours, humorous theme, great visuals, and best new emergent gameplay, and extreme eye-catching capability. Seriously, a cyberdemon turret on map01, It, right from the first moment you touch the peyote, a lovely trip

It's a really unique doom wad that any long-time doom vet should add to his collection, and hopefully we see more in this sort of vein. Are drug inspired doom megawads the next big thing? I say MACHINE ELVES.

A minor thought occurs to me is if how those rings on the ufo's. would look if they turned in opposing clockwise directions.

Ancient aliens is done well by it's amusing atmosphere. These days, the maps of doom evolve ever on, and content continues to be made.

Until Ancient aliens 2, It's time to do the space jiggle.

scalliano said:

I'm gunning for a Mordeth award :P

Scalliano, I'm a huge fan of your zombiescientists. If you made a naked, fleshly zombie a la Quake, for example, I would nominate that for a cacoaward!!

valkiriforce said:

Another Seinfeld.wad vote here - I don't think there's anything more obviously worthy of a mockaward.

Don't forget; DooD came out this year, too.