Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomPhreak

Prima guide?

Has anyone got the prima guide? I'm posting here because in making my map, I need to know about the demons' hit points, which I can't find in any wikis, but I know the prima guide has them. It comes in hardcover, paperback, and a $10 web-only "e-guide" edition. The e-guide actually seems like a better deal (sample pages here) since it has links for easier navigation, and you can zoom in the pictures. On paper, the pictures may look a lot smaller so you may miss some details, and I've read that the paper quality is not the highest. I've never used a prima guide in my life, and I imagine this guide may be just like any other official guides and is basically just a list of maps, secrets, demon stats, weapon descriptions, and other basic info. There is also a SnapMap section, which seems to be just a listing of blueprints, objects, and stuff.

You're in luck! I have the hardcover copy right in front of me. :-)

Here's the health for all of the demons that are available in SnapMap (in ascending order):

• Lost Soul: 75
  • Imp: 150
  • The Possessed: 150
  • Possessed Engineer: 150
  • Possessed Soldier: 400
  • Possessed Security: 500 (1200 armor)
  • Hell Razer: 600
  • Pinky: 1000 (2000 armor)
  • Revenant: 1600
  • Hell Knight: 1800
  • Cacodemon: 2000
  • Spectre: 2000
  • Mancubus: 2500
  • Baron of Hell: 3500
  • Cyber-Mancubus: 3500

And just in case you'd prefer alphabetical order, here's an alphabetized version of the same list:
Spoiler

• Baron of Hell: 3500
  • Cacodemon: 2000
  • Cyber-Mancubus: 3500
  • Hell Knight: 1800
  • Hell Razer: 600
  • Imp: 150
  • Lost Soul: 75
  • Mancubus: 2500
  • Pinky: 1000 (2000 armor)
  • The Possessed: 150
  • Possessed Engineer: 150
  • Possessed Security: 500 (1200 armor)
  • Possessed Soldier: 400
  • Revenant: 1600
  • Spectre: 2000

Excellent, thanks! Is the Snapmap section just as I thought, a listing of blueprints, props, and such? Anything useful for mappers at all?

DoomPhreak said:

Excellent, thanks! Is the Snapmap section just as I thought, a listing of blueprints, props, and such? Anything useful for mappers at all?

The SnapMap section is nothing more than a crappy reference guide. It has two pages with brief descriptions of the different modes/features, four pages listing how many SnapPoints you earn for each task, and 10+ pages listing the different modules and objects with descriptions that've been ripped straight from the game.

They could've done a much better job with it. I really would've liked to have seen some cool tips and tricks and perhaps even pieces of advice from the guys who made SnapMap.

I hate prima, but sadly with some games it's all we get, I was thinking of buying this.