Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

hi,

i'm looking for a doom 2 megawad that i played years ago. it only made doom 2 harder by adding rooms and monsters to the original maps. nothing else. no new monsters or new weapons or anything like that.

:)

Hello,

I'm looking for a Doom mod I played a year ago, but can't find now. It's probably one of the easiest to find mods, (I found it a year ago,) but for some reason I can't find it now.

All it does that I found of note was add freelook and new weapons. The original maps were the same, which is why I liked it. I don't know how long it had been around.

I remember that the pistol was fast-firing.

I found BrutalDoom, and while that's entertaining, I really want to play the original levels with freelook and the fast-firing pistol.

I seem to remember something about GZDoom, so I downloaded that, but that seems to be new maps, no freelook.

Thanks guys.

1. GZDoom is a source port, not a mod. It doesn't come with any new maps, either. And it has freelook - it's not enabled by default, but you can enable it in Options.
2. No mods are responsible for adding freelook. Freelook is a source port feature. Either your source port supports freelook, or not.
3. Search for weapon mods on the ZDoom forum ("Projects" subforum), possibly check out mods like Beautiful Doom, Doom Expanded, and I'm sure there are similar ones.

scifista42 said:

1. GZDoom is a source port, not a mod. It doesn't come with any new maps, either. And it has freelook - it's not enabled by default, but you can enable it in Options.
2. No mods are responsible for adding freelook. Freelook is a source port feature. Either your source port supports freelook, or not.
3. Search for weapon mods on the ZDoom forum ("Projects" subforum), possibly check out mods like Beautiful Doom, Doom Expanded, and I'm sure there are similar ones.

Thanks!

HI

I'm looking METAL SLUG mod v6 since I can not find elsewhere
(only a youtube video but without the link xD) Might you help me?

I asked if anyone knew about the WAD in this post I made a few pages ago asking about a Doom WAD that was kind of like Action 52, but no one gave me the right answer.

And speaking of Action 52, does anyone have a copy of alfredo.wad, which was the WAD Memfis made and shared in this post of his? He also cut off his PMs and cannot be emailed, and I don't have a tumblr either.

NiTROACTiVE said:

He also cut off his PMs and cannot be emailed, and I don't have a tumblr either.

Just for the record, Memfis is now kuchitsu.

Csonicgo said:

BADASS. adding this to the archives. do you have a text file for this one?

Sorry, I don't. You could make a TXT for it. FunDuke submitted some WADs to idgames that never had a text file (example).

I remember a techbase level from the mid 90s (95-96 I think) that had a starry sky, used the Terminator 2 theme as the music and had a chaingunner replacement of that UAC bot but I can't seem to figure out what it was called.

Yea, that's the one. Seems to have more custom content than I thought.

Looking for Dread Portal by Adrian Hill. It's MAP30 of Doom 32 but I was curious about the original file. Can't seem to find it online anywhere though. archive.org's archive of the Doom 32 Homepage is pretty incomplete too, only has the main page with really no info on it.

nbduckman said:

Any know where I might be able to find the WAD featured in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHJjh2dri0A

I have a feeling it may not have been made public, but posting just in case anyone recognises it.

It uses the palette from Violence, so it must be very recent. The only other wad I know of that uses that palette is Abyssal Speedmapping Session 24, so you might want to browse through that to see if you find it. Otherwise, you're probably right about it not being released yet.

Unless my memory terribly fools me, I remember playing the map, so it must have been released to public. I believe it was released around the time when Violence was new, but it's neither a Violence map nor an Abyssal Speedmapping Session 24 map nor an Abyssal Speedmapping Session 27 map. However, I can't remember neither the map's nor the mapper's name, and I can't find the map on my computer either.

Okay, I can remember playing a WAD at a friend's place around 2001-ish, although it might have been from earlier than that, and I've no idea whether it was part of a megaWAD or a standalone map; although I'm inclined to think it was standalone for some reason.

You start outside, looking at what is basically a large cliff face set in dark rocks (custom textures? I think), a few openings are visible with imps and stuff. The sky is red, maybe one of the Hexen skies? (I don't remember specifically, but the red skies and black clouds thing stirs a memory). Anyway, most of the map is set in caves and stuff as you explore this cliff face.

I remember it being atmospheric as hell, but it was so long ago. I'd love to play it again, whatever it was.

nbduckman said:

Any know where I might be able to find the WAD featured in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHJjh2dri0A

I have a feeling it may not have been made public, but posting just in case anyone recognises it.

I remember talking to the guy who made this, he first asked me if he could use the resources. If my memory serves me right, it was made by "BlackChaosX12" on Twitch, but I'm not sure if it was ever publicly released.