Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

Doom ]|[ Hell Knight.gif

Maybe some people want to get a clue of how it moves like.

It's pretty cool, get rid of that 1 pixel high line at the top that appears in a few frames of the gif.

Cool gif :)

The Hell Knight looks more wild in slow fps...

It's all good, good job :)

Disorder said:

That's pretty cool, but what purpose does a thread like this have?
No offence by the way..

<<<avatar ;)

feel free to use, no need for credits :D

It´s quite useful to quickly demonstrate that you have to judge Doom3´s graphics in movement and not from screenshots in the first place.

Would it be possible to cut the last frame (where you see something different) out of the animation? Would look even better.

S|aVe.3rN. said:

was it confirmed that , that IS the hell knight ?

Yes it was.

dosent look like a hell knight to me wers the horns and elongated goat face lol. W/e it is tho it looks pretty sweet that set of screens when i first saw them made me really excited about doom 3.

I kno one thing it isent going to be pleasent meeting that beast :P

Tyockell said:

dosent look like a hell knight to me wers the horns and elongated goat face lol. W/e it is tho it looks pretty sweet that set of screens when i first saw them made me really excited about doom 3.

I was expecting the Doom 3 Hell Knight to look totally different, or at least a bit different, from the Baron of Hell. The old HK was Teh Ghey - just a grey BoH. Nothing interesting there, bah!

Removing its horns is the first logical step as the HK is a lesser version of the Baron of Hell.

Imagine this D3 HK with a more pink skin colour, hooves, (possibly hairy legs) and horns and you've got the Baron of Hell in all its glory.
So all in all, I'm very pleased with the new HK (whether I'll be pleased with the new Baron will depend on how much of a goat-demon id will turn it into - they had BETTER make it look goatish)

The original Hell Knight tends to be more like tan to me, if you aren't colorblind, that is...

999cop said:

The original Hell Knight tends to be more like tan to me, if you aren't colorblind, that is...

I'm not as damn nitpicky as you.
You gotta admit that its skin colour is somewhat greyish.

Hopefully the Hell Knight will have some decent medium- long range attacks, maybe something a bit more original than the "throwing hellfire" attack in Doom 1 and 2.

Btw, if the Hell Knight is this big, imagine the Cyberdemon in Doom 3 :)

dsm said:

I'm not as damn nitpicky as you.
You gotta admit that its skin colour is somewhat greyish.

I am not being picky as you say. I was trying to assure you that there was nothing greyish of the original models, except for Zombiemen's clothes or something. Also, the point you used to convince people that the color of the new Hell Knight is exactly the same as the original one. That is wrong, and that is all. No biggies.

999cop said:

Also, the point you used to convince people that the color of the new Hell Knight is exactly the same as the original one. That is wrong, and that is all. No biggies.

Excuse me, have you SEEN the videos in person?
I thought not. Then who the Hell are you to judge the damn colour anyway?
And maybe "exactly the same colour" was a bit off, but you gotta admit that it still has a grey colour - just like the damn original had (and I STILL think the original looks grey).