Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JohnnyTheWolf

Doomworld for Quake?

Is there a website akin of Doomworld for the Quake series?

I am asking, because I am currently looking for a mod that would increase Quake II's notoriously low difficulty, but Google does not seem to be of any help.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Yes, I know there is a "Quakeworld" and, yes, I know it has nothing to do with Doomworld.

I have found nothing of interest on ModDB.

Also, I tried extracting PAK files to see if I can edit weapon and monster values myself, but there does not seem to be a .cfg file for that. :/

JohnnyTheWolf said:

Then how do you do it?

Can you give me a list of all the filenames and extension included, here? I don't have Q2, and I'm not sure if its like Q1's system.

Also, if there isn't a config file, then search in files that seem like text files(or at least you think its a text file)

Voros said:

Can you give me a list of all the filenames and extension included, here? I don't have Q2, and I'm not sure if its like Q1's system.

Also, if there isn't a config file, then search in files that seem like text files(or at least you think its a text file)

The only config files I have found in pak0.PAK, pak1.PAK and pak2.PAK seem to be multiplayer loadouts.

As for the file extensions, there only seem to be dm2, pcx, bsp, pcx, wal and md2. I have some experience with editing Doom 3, so the folder structure looks familiar, but I cannot find anything that looks like config files for weapons and monsters.

Bsp files are for maps, MD2 are for models, Also which quake are you trying to mod ? Quake 2 has no loadouts .

Nothing too fancy.

I want to make Quake II more difficult by increasing enemy health and possibly damage too. Maybe also increase player's health and ammo cap too.

In order to make these changes, if I remember correctly, you'd need to compile a new game_x86.dll. I don't recall where the Quake 2 tools can be found nowadays, though.