Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

/!\ HELL MODULES COMING TO SNAPMAP /!\

Bethesda event just confirmed. Good to know they're following through on post-launch support.

Yarp. Good to hear -- between this and a slew of Multiplayer stuff they're planning on doing, it seems that id might actually fix whatever niggling complaints I may have had about the game. Dizzayum.

This is good. Now they just need to add Bots and I would say my high expectations of Doom 2016 would be complete. Oh and User dedicated servers.

Chezza said:

This is good. Now they just need to add Bots and I would say my high expectations of Doom 2016 would be complete. Oh and User dedicated servers.

They confirmed in a post a few days ago that they'll be adding bots to the multiplayer.
Hell, Certain Affinity is no longer on the game and Id took over entirely now.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I heard there will be CTF Too, Do we have to pay for it ?

No it's in a free update later this month I do believe :)

All the paid dlc will be maps and player model variants. Everything else like new game modes, snap map stuff is free baby FREE. ;)

That youtube video sounds terrific. As soon as i heard the news of mp tweaks i started playin and must say that rocket launcher is a massive improvement, from that spud gun it used to be 😁

I don't like that there isn't a definitive date on when any of this Snapmap goodies will be released. All we got was "coming months"

That could mean this is release in June or fucking December, for all we know.

Did I see some outdoor footage in that Snapmap footage?

HOLY SHIT OUTDOOR AREAS CONFIRMED FOR UAC MARS, HELL, AND ALL OF THAT GOOD STUFF!

I CAN FINALLY REMAKE ALL OF THE CLASSIC MAPS WHEN I GET THE NEW DOOM!

:D

*laughs maniacally with joy, dreaming about playing a remade E1M1 on Doom 2016*

DoomzRules said:

Did I see some outdoor footage in that Snapmap footage?

Only in Hell. We're supposed to be getting windows for the regular base theme, but they haven't said anything about actual outdoor areas.

I wonder if you'll have to choose between hell and martian base settings. It'd be way more splendid if we could create combination of two...

Alpaczino said:

I wonder if you'll have to choose between hell and martian base settings. It'd be way more splendid if we could create combination of two...

Yeah, I imagine we'll have to pick and choose. I'd be shocked if they did a 2-in-1 thing.

chubz said:

Only in Hell. We're supposed to be getting windows for the regular base theme, but they haven't said anything about actual outdoor areas.

Ah darn. It'd be cool if we get Mars outdoor areas....

It's probably something like Timesplitters 2's map editor where you can cycle through themes of the exact same map layout. One being Mars, one being Hell, rather than separate rooms specifically tailored to one theme or the other.

THAT VIDEO. Okay, this is exciting! Hell prefabs, THE SKY, carrying more than two weapons, and those jump pad things that I saw in singleplayer? I'm really looking forward to this SnapMap update!

I think one extra thing that should be in SnapMap'd be the ability to modify players' velocities, like what those pads do.