Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janus3003

A cacodemon laughed at me

I think it was in the Titan's Realm level. I was hopping from rock to rock, and a cacodemon showed up. He took a shot at me, I completely misjudged where his attack was going, and walked right into it.
The cacodemon laughed.
I'm not kidding. Instead of carrying on its assault like normal, it floated there, opened its mouth, and let out a deep, "Wah wah wah wah wah wah!" I've never seen any other demon do that, not even other cacodemons.

I wonder if certain conditions trigger it, or if it's just a random thing.
Anyone else have this happen to them? Or anything similar?

Very nice.

I found out on accident (and haven't been able to repeat it) is that you can actually blind the caco and it'll start spamming plasma balls all over the place until you put it out of it's misery.

I love it because somebody here said they were hoping that would be possible in the game and it sure as shit is. I love the monster designs this go around. And they didn't disappoint me on my mancubi. :)

What animation did it show? A completely new one or something you've seen before in-game?

Johnatone said:

I found out on accident (and haven't been able to repeat it) is that you can actually blind the caco and it'll start spamming plasma balls all over the place until you put it out of it's misery.

I can confirm that. Happened to me last night, in fact. Almost felt bad for it, but I was too busy laughing.

Voros said:

What animation did it show? A completely new one or something you've seen before in-game?

A new one. Its mouth moved with the laughter, and I want to say it either rolled back and forth or side to side while laughing.

When it laughed at you, did it sound like a funny "Wah wah wah wah wah wah", or a creepy "Wah wah wah wah wah wah"?

HavoX said:

When it laughed at you, did it sound like a funny "Wah wah wah wah wah wah", or a creepy "Wah wah wah wah wah wah"?

More creepy. Deep, demonic voice. Probably more of a "woah hah hah hah."

Well, that's kinda creepy then. I did do the eyeball thing though, I was really hoping It'd go on a Pacman chase like I've been wanting It to, but It shooting fireballs everywhere Is fine by me.

Your not lying dude I witnessed the same thing, caught me off guard... Not sure what triggers them to laugh but it definitely was a laugh hahaha

This happened to me while i was playing a snapmap, i couldn't hear him laugh, but the bastard just kept grinning at me

It wouldn't feel right If the Cacodemon didn't grin.

Under that blue blooded tomato Is one sinister mastermind.

EDIT:

Found a video on It, It's... Pretty damn funny, but creepy at the same time. Apparently It's triggered when you're shitty at shooting.

The Cacodemon thinks your too noob.

Tritnew said:

It wouldn't feel right If the Cacodemon didn't grin.

Under that blue blooded tomato Is one sinister mastermind.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVCZuq_l1yU
Found a video on It, It's... Pretty damn funny, but creepy at the same time. Apparently It's triggered when you're shitty at shooting.

The Cacodemon thinks your too noob.

can't hear his actual laughter, though. Oh well. Still unbearably cute. Cacos in Doom '16 are so adorable all over holy crap.

Well, It's basically a "HE HA HA HA HA HA!".

I could hear It a tad bit, but the player's audio might've been low.

Shitty at shooting... Heh.

Is it just the Cacodemon? I'm imagining a Mancubus laughing...

Have seen it today again. But the Caco havent tried to shoot me. He just flew up behind the stones and already made this loughing move. Maybe he was happy to see me?

It happens the most during the jumping part in Argent d´Nur. Its the Caco that came up right after the two lost souls.

Otus said:

Have seen it today again. But the Caco havent tried to shoot me. He just flew up behind the stones and already made this loughing move. Maybe he was happy to see me?

Cacos seem to always be happy, even in Doom 2016.

Guess there's something delightful about being able to fly all the time.

LANEGRACABRA said:

As a kid I had some wad that made cacos laugh maniacally when they died. That was freaky as shit.

That's no good! I always loved the original Caco death sound, it was so unusual and fitted the animation perfectly. I wonder where it came from originally?

Foebane72 said:

That's no good! I always loved the original Caco death sound, it was so unusual and fitted the animation perfectly. I wonder where it came from originally?

We've been trying to find it for years. Personally I think it's someone gargling with some pitch bending added to it, but I've heard many theories:

Coopersville said:

I'm going with the Cacodemon's death sound being a slowed down turkey gobble, or at least low pitch at normal speed.

Probably the best one.