Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HellVain

Guys...check this new Quake video out

I know this doesn't belong in DOOM world but meh...It looks awesome. Wonder If they'll use the Praetor suit as Doom's default.

riky_rice said:

Well.. It seems that the video has 2000+ dislikes. I guess ID will have to reconsider this hero shooter direction

They've already got the game in a playable state.
They're gonna show it off at Quakecon this year, 2 and a half months away.
It's too late, they aren't changing something that drastic.

riky_rice said:

Well.. It seems that the video has 2000+ dislikes. I guess ID will have to reconsider this hero shooter direction

IMO I think its because people didn't get to see some actual gameplay, but instead a cinematic trailer. It basically justs shows the art direction of QC.

Voros said:

IMO I think its because people didn't get to see some actual gameplay, but instead a cinematic trailer. It basically justs shows the art direction of QC.

Believe me. Just look at the comments. There is Rage going on

I think the "hero" shooter could work well with Quake Championship. Arena already established a roster of cool characters. Instead of just being skins now they can be proper video game characters. I hope Tank JR is in this.

riky_rice said:

Believe me. Just look at the comments. There is Rage going on

Probably backlash from so many Quake 1 fans expecting a Quake 1 reboot (John Carmack supposedly promised a return to the Lovecraftian Quake before he left) and getting this instead.

I mean, if Doom 2016 (or Doom 4 if you prefer) had turned into Doom 4 Arena, I know I'd have been pissed.

LANEGRACABRA said:

I think the "hero" shooter could work well with Quake Championship. Arena already established a roster of cool characters. Instead of just being skins now they can be proper video game characters. I hope Tank JR is in this.

Yep I agree, people think classes means each character has their own weapon Loadouts. It's going to have weapon pickups, not like any other hero shooter.

I got too hyped
Until 0:48 I was bunny hopping all over the place, but then...

I.. just... need to stay away from the internet for a bit

dsm said:

Probably backlash from so many Quake 1 fans expecting a Quake 1 reboot (John Carmack supposedly promised a return to the Lovecraftian Quake before he left) and getting this instead.

I mean, if Doom 2016 (or Doom 4 if you prefer) had turned into Doom 4 Arena, I know I'd have been pissed.

Seems pretty clear with the "Champions" tag this isn't going to be THE Quake game everyone's waiting for, which is probably why "Champions" is the title.

The Civ said:

They've already got the game in a playable state.
They're gonna show it off at Quakecon this year, 2 and a half months away.
It's too late, they aren't changing something that drastic.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think gameplay has been confirmed for QuakeCon. All Tim said was "more details". But I haven't watched that post-conference interview with Tim, so maybe he confirmed gameplay there.

TheWizard said:

Looks like he's doing Prey

That's ok, I would prefer Sonic Mayhem & Trent Reznor anyways. Stealth Frag & Q1 Theme all day every day

JoeKilledKenney2016 said:

Its pc only, so I bet it doesn't have big hit boxes like overwatch.

I guess they're right, Just like Doom, most copies sold were Console versions .

I know it's probably dumb, but my hype for the game significantly dropped after hearing that Mick won't be involved with the OST.
His style was perfect for it. There's no way they'll get someone as good, who can capture that style.