Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Classic Doom vs Doom 2016

whats the problem? It's just a comparison video. He doesn't talk shit about it lol.

The world would be a better place without this scumbag

Edit: I do NOT want that anything bad happens to him in real life, I just wanted to say, that he should change his mindset to become a better human being, because I hate the attitude he has (at least online), I admit I might have gone too far with that comment, but this video felt like a punch in my face and I needed a relief

I apologise for any misunderstanding

haha, I don't normally give two shits about Mark or his ebin fanbase, but I do find it worthy of a good couple of chuckles that his fanbase, mostly known for the preaching of Brutal Doom over vanilla Doom's prehistoric type of gameplay and calling it an 'enhancer', and 'what doom was meant to be' pull a complete 180° and swear up and down that vanilla is better than D44M in every regard, in a poor attempt at making themselves appear as self-pretensed importance-warranted spoiled children who know what they're talking about all of a sudden.

I swear to god, people attempting so hard to shoot down Doom '16 seem to be incapable of fully grasping the concept behind 'hiding your power level', and telling them apart from the rest is so ridiculously easy it leads me to believe they have no idea what they really sound like. People who have been browsing this forum in particular for quite some time are perfectly able to see where I'm coming from, and I know just the kind of users that are contemplating posting a snarky reply just as they've done reading this.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

It appears he's still stuck on his opinion that Doom '16 is inspired by his Mod lol

But it is.

Deatheye said:

Watch that edge. You are going to cut yourself with it.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

He intentionally didn't compare it to the first part of the level ? lol .

You mean the cutscene-filled part? Really?

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

You mean the cutscene-filled part? Really?

I was being sarcastic there, i just copied a comment i came across from youtube .

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Watch that edge. You are going to cut yourself with it.

Watcha gonna do? Tell me I should kill myself?

It's never too late bro, you can change and become a good human being and be an enrichment for this world, just change your mindset :)

Deatheye said:

Watcha gonna do? Tell me I should kill myself?

It's never too late bro, you can change and become a good human being and be an enrichment for this world, just change your mindset :)

And you are one huge example of human being, wishing me to die. lol

TAPETRVE said:

Cue Serious Sam 3 knocking on Mark's door and demanding its monthly protection money.

You know that Brutal Doom came out several years before SS3?

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

And you are one huge example of human being, wishing me to die. lol

Hell no lol I never said that, it seems you misinterpret a lot of things, noticed that on someones youtube comment as well

Deatheye said:

Hell no lol I never said that, it seems you misinterpret a lot of things, noticed that on someones youtube comment as well

Deatheye said:

Sure.
You are the perfect example of the hypocrite people that hates me, and people like you are the reason why I usually give zero shit about criticism.

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Sure.
You are the perfect example of the hypocrite people that hates me, and people like you are the reason why I usually give zero shit about criticism.

No, it's like, the world would be a better place without trump, but I don't want him to die - I only want him to change his mindset so he can become a cool guy

You can become a cool guy as well, the only reason I'm so harsh to you is because that's the only way people like you understand it

Sarge, I love your mod and I do believe it had some influence on Doom 2016, so I ask of you: please do not get into these kinds of squabbles.

Deatheye said:

No, it's like, the world would be a better place without trump, but I don't want him to die - I only want him to change his mindset so he can became a cool guy

You can become a cool guy as well, the only reason I'm so harsh to you is because that's the only way people like you understand it

Well I am a cool guy. If you attempt to communnicate with me without using adjectives such as "faggot", "cocksucker", "asshole", "nazi", "dumbfuck", "idiot", "retard", or their derivatives, I can guarantee that I will answer civilly. :)

DMGUYDZ64 said:

What the shit bro ...

Not talking about constructive and objective criticism.

JohnnyTheWolf said:

Sarge, I love your mod and I do believe it had some influence on Doom 2016, so I ask of you: please do not get into these kinds of squabbles.

Alright.

JohnnyTheWolf said:

since weeks you only rant about the new doom, even before it was released and you haven't even played it except the demo lol

and yeah, of course you love brutal doom, you're the perfect example of how I imagine a typical brutal doom player

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

You know that Brutal Doom came out several years before SS3?

Of course, but Sam still wants your money. Esp. because the game was shit.

TAPETRVE said:

Of course, but Sam still wants your money. Esp. because the game was shit.

I thought Serious Sam 3 was pretty good, actually.

Unless someone provides me legitimate evidence, I would say you can't firmly claim that Brutal Doom either did or didn't inspire *elements* of Doom 2016. But with some logical thinking, I would say when the previous Doom project was scrapped and needed a new direction I would bet money that during the brain storming session they would ask each other the question "What keeps Doom alive and popular to this day?" Which led to "Mods and community" and WITHOUT A DOUBT - Brutal Doom would get a mention and even a small discussion at the very least as the white board gets some key points written on and people jot notes down on paper.

And please people, stop mentioning the glory kills = Brutal Doom and then others desperately clinging onto the "No MK had fatalities first" crap. It's quite possible neither MK nor BD had influence with that factor, the MK one in particular.

@Deatheye, Please stop talking.

@Sergeant_Mark_IV, I'm fairly confident every developer of ID Software is well aware of Brutal Doom. But please don't get a big head. If you're so sure BD inspired Doom 2016 then some evidence, particularly quotes from ID Staff would be needed.

JohnnyTheWolf said:

I thought Serious Sam 3 was pretty good, actually.

I really don't like it. Its maps are nowhere near as large and open as in the other games in the series, ironsights are a silly addition, and the melee kills, while optional, are slow and cumbersome. But well, to each their own. After all, it was more of an experiment.