Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMancuBus

Marty Stratton responds to Hack Module, teases Single Player content!!!

AwesomeO-789 said:

I think a standalone expansion in the same vein as the Old Blood set during the Doom Slayer's crusade across hell would be cool.

If we are going to that route, we're going to use swords, maces or spears instead of guns! From what I've gather from the demonic voice... They use swords and shields and their crusade!

The prequel DLC should be a remake of the original Doom showing us Phobos, Deimos, and Hell all reimagined in Doom 2016's engine...

Basically, a retelling of the original Doom as a prequel for the new Doom! :D

Except the classic sprites would become high-poly 3D models of themselves! :D

JUST IMAGINE IT! :D

ESPECIALLY A CLASSIC SPIDER MASTERMIND IN HD 3D!!! :D

Chickensoup101 said:

If it takes place in Phobos.... Bruh, they remaking Knee-Deep in the dead chapter! :D

:D Exactly! And The Shores of Hell and Inferno! :DDDD

@GoatLord It hasn't been confirmed, but if we are to go off the Old Blood, we can assume it will most likely be a prequel. Plus some SP DLC promotional material showed Phobos.

So I know for a fact that Phobos, Deimos, and Hell will appear!

In otherwords, I believe that they will remake the original Doom from 1993 on id Tech 6 for us the fans as a prequel to the new Doom! :D

Chickensoup101 said:

If we are going to that route, we're going to use swords, maces or spears instead of guns! From what I've gather from the demonic voice... They use swords and shields and their crusade!

From what I gathered, the Doom Slayer was using Argent D'Nur weapons and armour, yes, up until he met the traitor demon on his crusade. I don't think in the Slayer's Testament does it mention the Doom Slayer specifically using primitive weapons during his crusade after meeting the traitor, so it's possible the traitor gave him some new weapons as well as the new armour?

DoomzRules said:

Plus some SP DLC promotional material showed Phobos.

Hmm? Is there a link to this? I've got a special edition of the game that comes with a "UAC Employee Booklet" and a poster, and yes Phobos is shown in there but there's no mention of it being promotional material for future DLC? It was more a nod to classic Doom, or just a tease. Nothing promoting future DLC.

AwesomeO-789 said:

From what I gathered, the Doom Slayer was using Argent D'Nur weapons and armour, yes, up until he met the traitor demon on his crusade. I don't think in the Slayer's Testament does it mention the Doom Slayer specifically using primitive weapons during his crusade after meeting the traitor, so it's possible the traitor gave him some new weapons as well as the new armour?

'armed with sword and shield of adamantine strength' after the wretch forged his suit.

Don't mix the Betrayer of Argent with the 'wretch', they may or may not be the same entity. Heck, the betrayer could be him and his son apparently turned icon of sin the doomslayer's son then. Would be so cool.

There is a picture in hayden's room with the doomslayer and his night sentinels group battling demons using swords, and a hooded figure lookin on from far away. Still, I agree it doesn't mean advanced weaponry would feel out of place on people who might be more technologically advanced and come from another dimension empowered by 'wraith energy'. Kind of like predator / alien universe, the predators were around for 1000s of years and visited the pyramids and prolly built them, while they were brandishing plasma cannons.

By 'sword' they could have meant the special one the crucible becomes and 'shield' could be a figurative term for his praetor suit.

massivefanofdoom said:

'armed with sword and shield of adamantine strength' after the wretch forged his suit.

Don't mix the Betrayer of Argent with the 'wretch', they may or may not be the same entity.

I always thought the Argent betrayer was the Doom Slayer, which is why he's seeking retribution (according to the first loading screen in the game, at least).

But yeah, when I said Demon Traitor I meant the (in Dr Claw voice) "Wretch Who Shall Not Be Named". I know my new-Doom lore, motherfucker!

AwesomeO-789 said:

I always thought the Argent betrayer was the Doom Slayer, which is why he's seeking retribution (according to the first loading screen in the game, at least).

But yeah, when I said Demon Traitor I meant the (in Dr Claw voice) "Wretch Who Shall Not Be Named". I know my new-Doom lore, motherfucker!

aight dawg aight

AwesomeO-789 said:

Considering how much different the Doomslayers armor is to the Night Sentinels, I think he's still the UAC doomguy who stayed in hell after 64 but found a resistance group in a mother realm and decided to become a part of them

massivefanofdoom said:

By 'sword' they could have meant the special one the crucible becomes and 'shield' could be a figurative term for his praetor suit.

I think the demons didn't know what a chainsaw was, so they called it a sword

BluePineapple72 said:

That's clever and amazing if true

BluePineapple72 said:

Considering how much different the Doomslayers armor is to the Night Sentinels, I think he's still the UAC doomguy who stayed in hell after 64 but found a resistance group in a mother realm and decided to become a part of them

The slayer's testament states that the wretch Doom Slayer met during his crusade made the armor for him though. As cool as it'd be to have some continuity between games, I don't think this is classic doomguy.

"The wretch adorned the Doom Slayer in a mighty armor, wrought in the forges of Hell, impenetrable and unyielding."

To further support the theory that the wretch gave Doom Slayer his armor, it has his mark on the helmet. The same mark that is on the stone that Olivia was keeping in her labs, and if I remember correctly the mark that was also on Doom Slayer's tomb.

AwesomeO-789 said:

Hmm? Is there a link to this? I've got a special edition of the game that comes with a "UAC Employee Booklet" and a poster, and yes Phobos is shown in there but there's no mention of it being promotional material for future DLC? It was more a nod to classic Doom, or just a tease. Nothing promoting future DLC.

I'm aware of that. It'd just be cool if they made a prequel to the new Doom, that's basically a remake of Classic Doom (1993) set on Phobos, Deimos, and Hell on the new Doom engine with all the classic assets remade as high-poly 3D models with included dismemberment and all that good stuff. Including glory kills.

Just imagine how awesome it'd look! :D

BluePineapple72 said:

Mmmm, his crucible becomes a sword ...

And we have been through this, I really doubt this doom has to follow the other timelines and tie in with them.

Now imagine if in the sequel we can come across the remains of the D64 armor laying somewhere in hell/Argent D'nur. It would be a epic moment.

I have a theory

When doomslayer first puts on his armor in the game, the first thing he does to the helmet is observe the demonic symbol above the visor, he then tries to wipe it off from the helmet, but realizing its permanent he leaves it

I think all of these doomslayer symbols on his armor were applied by the demons when he was asleep, he could still be the very doomguy we all know and love

BluePineapple72 said:

I think all of these doomslayer symbols on his armor were applied by the demons when he was asleep,

Doom Slayer's journey to get rid of the demons lasted for a long time, you'd think the demons would have given him a mark when he showed he could be a threat to the demons, like when he took down the Titan. I imagine the demons used his symbol to warn others of his presence, or of a coming attack