Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomGuy420

Doom Font

Hello there! I'm a youtuber called DoomGuy420 and i want to use the DOOM menu font (like but i cant find it anywhere could you help me? :D

sorry it only gives me a google search thing. i have 2 doom fonts but there not the menu one

meh nvm.

i said i couldn't find it anywhere

Da Eediot said:

You could also go through the GFX files in the .WAD to get the font.

That's too much work for the average grunt here, esp. with no WAD editing experience. Besides, the large menu texts are not actually stored as fonts, but as complete words/menu items, and they don't even contain all letters of the alphabet.

Maes said:

That's too much work for the average grunt here, esp. with no WAD editing experience. Besides, the large menu texts are not actually stored as fonts, but as complete words/menu items, and they don't even contain all letters of the alphabet.

I know. But if you're patient, you could do it.

Da Eediot said:

I know. But if you're patient, you could do it.

Including drawing the missing letters by hand? Sure you could do it, but since others have done it before you, why reinvent the wheel?

I don't want to sound snarky, so I'll just say you can google the picture you just posted as it's a program that let's you do that.

IMX said:

I don't want to sound snarky, so I'll just say you can google the picture you just posted as it's a program that let's you do that.

There's a program for that? That's really cool!

But DoomWord puts incorrectly sized spaces between letters, which bothers some people. "Incorrectly sized" as in "differently than in the IWAD text graphics".

DoomWriter corrects this, and BitmapFontWriter with a correct configuration too.

am i putting you through trouble? sorry if i am but i tried using the doom font pictures with the software (bmp sprite maker or smh) but i dont know how to use it

sorry

i mean how can i download the font onto my pc like a TTF file