Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

As time progresses...

would you say doomworld is getting better or worse?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. would you say doomworld is getting better or worse?

• It\'s improving.
    • About the same.
    • Gettting worse.

Ok, This poll is about doomworld as a whole. I personlly tink things have improved recently, however düe to certen people leaving, the forums have slowed down abit. but on the whole, this place is tip top. what do you think?

From the time I first discovered Doomworld to now there has not been so much change in quality.

It was high back then. It is high right now.

Yes, as Little Faith put it, the quality of Doomworld has risen steadily. However, since some people have left, the forums have slowed down a wee bit.
Doesn't mean this place doesn't rock though-it does :)

well coming from a guy that's been away for 6-7 months...it has gone down a bit in quality from then to now...but you people have been here within the last few weeks so you're the more accurate judges

It all went to hell lately, and my magic fortune telling ball says it will continue going in that direction. Soon we will need two post hells.

The news portion of the site is as great as ever, especially since the returns of Cyb and mewse.

Little Faith said:

It was high back then. It is high right now.

Some members more than others, eh, orion? ;)

Seriously, it's all good. There're high points, and there are low points, but the community, as it were, is going pretty good IMHO.

Closeknit, dedicated communities tend to suffer when they expand too much to be honest- I've seen it (well, experienced it as a long-time community member) on other forums that are linked by a close, somewhat hardcore following of a game or mod or whatever, it can be a real shame.

You wouldn't be talking about Quake and its legion of followers would you? ;)

Livo said:

Closeknit, dedicated communities tend to suffer when they expand too much to be honest- I've seen it (well, experienced it as a long-time community member) on other forums that are linked by a close, somewhat hardcore following of a game or mod or whatever, it can be a real shame.

And the flood of Q3A and UT freaks that will rush in along with Doom3's arrival certainly won't help too much. Although, maybe they'd only post in the Doom 3 forums and leave us the classic Doom forums :P

On the other hand, many of the new members have been playing and editing Doom since its release, yet have only recently found the site - me, for example.

I say it's around the same. The banning of certain people I looked up to lowered my opinion of these forums but the coming of Doom 3's evening it out.

Hey, I've tried and tried to convince Lüt to return to the forums, but all he ever says is "Maybe one day".

Spike said:

On the other hand, many of the new members have been playing and editing Doom since its release, yet have only recently found the site - me, for example.

Its just the opposite for me. I found this site ages ago, but only recently discovered actualy playing and editing Doom.

the_Danarchist said:

Its just the opposite for me. I found this site ages ago, but only recently discovered actualy playing and editing Doom.

How did you come to find Doomworld then? I'm curious.

Little Faith said:

How did you come to find Doomworld then? I'm curious.

Its a long story involving herring, Kurt Russel, Lichtenstein, a giant warthog and a lemon. I don't really want to talk about it, but I think you get the idea.

Teh naberfish linked me to the doomworld and I liked. Actually, I think he linked me to the zdoom page before all else. Somehow I wondered in here and I can't find the exit, maybe it's that door with the big flashing sign that says 'BAN'... nah!

Pass that lemon Dan.