Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
antiriad

What these icons mean?

Hi,
trying to complete all levels in a single campaign with 100% secrets etc.
In the "Select Mission" menu, on the bottom-right of each level picture there are 5 UAC icons (small triangles without description). For all levels that I've already played they are all "on", excluding The Foundy in which last triangle in "off".

I'd like to understand what does it mean... thanks!

Those are combat rating markers, checklists if you will. The more combat encounters you complete, the more the markers fill up. Every time you fill up a marker you're awarded a weapon upgrade point. Ideally, once you've killed all enemies in the level you should have all 5 combat markers filled up.

You've obviously missed a combat encounter somewhere in the foundry level, which is why the marker isn't filled.

You can also see these markers in-game at the top right of the screen, they're not too noticeable but you should still pay attention to them if you're looking to 100% everything

Damn, I can't get 100% combat rating in Foundry.
I kill all enemies, but when the level ends there is a small portion of the last combat skill icon unfinished. Am I missing something?

antiriad said:

Damn, I can't get 100% combat rating in Foundry.
I kill all enemies, but when the level ends there is a small portion of the last combat skill icon unfinished. Am I missing something?

Look around the map more. Check ANY uncovered areas in your automap you may have left behind, that's likely where the last combat encounter is.

AwesomeO-789 said:

Look around the map more. Check ANY uncovered areas in your automap you may have left behind, that's likely where the last combat encounter is.

The secret level area also counts.

i was under the impression that these combat markers are based around the effectiveness of your combat skills. at least, on UV and up, you have to make a bit of effort to fill up the combat markers on the Foundry. try glory killing some Hell Knights, that makes the combat progress jump up by a quarter or so.

I've found that on UV, they fill up if you play very aggressively, and use a variety of weapons to dispose enemies. I like doing combos such as shotgun grenade/plasma rifle/super shotty/glory kill, which is very effective on revenants. That kind of dynamic playing seems to get rewarded.

Interesting. So there's indeed an invisible combo meter going. Makes me wonder why there isn't an unlockable score display for the campaign; after all, Snapmap has it on by default.

all it does in single-player is keep track of your combat progress towards the next weapon upgrade point. a scoring system for single-player is probably not really necessary.