Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
apb

DOOM 2016 Midis

I've gone ahead and made a midi versions of the tracks "BFG Division" and "Argent Combat" from DOOM 2016. I took a few more liberties with "Argent Facilty" because the original is pretty broken up.

BFG Division:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/x80vccj8tc87cps/BFG+Division.mid

Argent Facility:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/v6a6n7452bvibxz/Argent+Facility.mid

Feel free to use these in your WADs, just credit me obviously.

Possibly. If I did I would probably do the main menu track.

NorkasAradel said:

while this is neat and all, are you sure you posted this to the right board?

The only other place that would make sense is Wads and Mods and I think it fits better here as it's not actually a wad or mod

Very cool! Would love to hear more!!

Nice work! didn't expected to see midi's from the new doom considering the genre. Really impressive

Just for curiosity i put a SB16 Soundfont just to hear how it sounds, it sounds great

I agree, surprisingly enough. I guess my problem with Doom 2016 OST is not the music itself but rather the instrumentation.

Now, if only someone could find a way to mod this into Doom 2016...

Oh hell yeah. I was hoping someone would do something like this eventually. Pretty damn good conversion, too. Not sure about the guitar fret "Breee" noises at around 1:44 though, they're a bit too screechy. The original track had sort of a theremin-like instrument instead, maybe there's something a bit closer to that in the GM set?

I'm on vacation right now, so there wont be anything from me for a while.

The Civ said:

This is really good but it could really make use of some pitch bends.

Yeah I'm sure it could. This was my first venture into midis so its a bit basic.

Downloaded the midis, converted them to MUS, and put them in a wad for your enjoyment! They fit very well with classic DOOM music.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cozx6hhd23bp78a/d16mus.wad

Levels:
BFG Divsion - E1M2
Argent Facility - E1M3

Please do more! If I could make a suggestion, in order of importance, I would say:
Flesh and Metal
The Elevator Version of E1M1
Inhuman Frequency
Hell on Mars

BFG Division in Midi sounds like utter garbage. Argent Facility sounds a bit better, but still sucks. New Doom's soundtrack doesn't sound well in Midi.

Converting to MUS isn't really needed unless you want to use them with Doom95 or an old version of the Doom engine. Starting with v1.5, Doom has been able to convert MIDI to MUS by itself, automatically and transparently, so the only real point of doing that conversion yourself is to check if the MIDI is compatible with Doom; and if it is then you can leave it as a MIDI in the wad file. (It's generally better to keep them as MIDI, you preserve metadata this way and also the MIDI conversion is slightly destructive.)

AnonimVio said:

BFG Division in Midi sounds like utter garbage.

That was my impression, too. Just awful.