Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

The Doom Confessional Booth

A lot of the time I actually prefer to watch people play Doom rather than play it myself, especially if it's a particularly hard map set. Watching FDAs is some what therapeutic for me.

> I grew up with Doom II, but it wasn't until 2007 that I first played Ultimate Doom

> I bypassed German law by buying all the Doom games through a VPN

Swine & Roses said:

> I grew up with Doom II, but it wasn't until 2007 that I first played Ultimate Doom

> I bypassed German law by buying all the Doom games through a VPN

nxGangrel said:

I dislike using light amp goggles. I really think they could have been made differently.

I oddly get a sense of relief especially in a dark place. It's nice to have everything lit clearly.

InfernalManiac said:

Doom 64 is my favorite game in the franchise because of its soundtrack and atmosphere being much more darker than the other games...

Obviously, you could include PSX DOOM too.

wheresthebeef said:

Doom 64 is visually darker too, artwise and lighting

Yeah I agree, despite Doom 64 having fewer textures and decorative sprites, there is a more obvious use of occult/sacrificial/satanic/ritual imagery and it really helps give the game an evil atmosphere that not even Doom 3 or Doom 2016 has been able to accomplish.

InfernalManiac said:

Doom 64 is my favorite game in the franchise because of its soundtrack and atmosphere being much more darker than the other games...

Yup, I can say the same thing. I'll always love the original Doom, been playing it since 1993, but Doom 64's darker tones and focus on gothic otherworldly horror has won me over.

*sigh*

The rocket launcher reminds me of a penis (the thing sprite, not the on screen weapon sprites)

Voros said:

*sigh*

The rocket launcher reminds me of a penis (the thing sprite, not the on screen weapon sprites)

"Oops, I dropped my MONSTER ROCKETS for my MAGNUM DONG"

Early this month I was called "cautious" or "careful" basically unprompted about three times in a one-week span when I posted FDAs for levels. I just don't understand that type of comment, really; at first I didn't mind, but it's getting quite annoying.

Voros said:

*sigh*

Voros said:

?

I think he took "thing sprite" to mean the one you can enable to show up on the automap and not the weapon sprite when it's on the ground.

I came to the conclusion that the stock weapon sprites are the main reason I haven't released anything in the last few years. I really don't like seeing them in front of what I make myself, but my attempts to replace them always end with me trying to make a good shotgun reloading animation and failing.

You can find a lot of good weapon sprites, but shotguns are either based on the stock ones (with most of their flaws intact) or broken in some way.

I've been thinking about mapping for the overall much neater Doom 64, but it has other problems like important monster types missing.

rdwpa said:

I feel my true identity is a cartoon girl, so I might switch my avy like Rayzik/tarnsman/essel/etc.

~one of us~ ~one of us~

Voros said:

*sigh*

Iikka Keranen said:

What do you mean, it's not a mechanical penis?