Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
franckFRAG

To Be Continued [Community Project]

~ To Be Continued ~

Hello!

I have this idea since some months, but it's only now that I create the theard.
During my coffee breaks at work, I used to made a map. But I thought it might be interesting that other people continue the map, in turn.

I've written some precise rules, so that the project can continue without problems :)

When you take back the map, you have to respect these rules :

x- Limit-removing (Doom2)

x- Solo primary

x- Doom2 textures only

x- Aligned textures

x- Increasing difficulty

- - - - - -

1- Talk to the other mappers that you wish to continue the map. The map will be built in turn.

2- You have 3 weeks maximum to continue the map. If the deadline is exceeded, another mapper will continue the map on the last published version.

3- You are not authorized to modify a zone of another mapper, you can only modify your zone.

4- Sign your zone on DB.

5- The new version is only posted on this thread, by a Mediafire, or DropBox link.

- - - - - -

/!\ The wad file will always be called : tobecont.wad, accompanied with a txt (history.txt), to include the historical progression, for example :

[M/D/Y]

3- 07/09/2016 > 07/16/2016 : Crunchynut44
2- 06/25/2016 > 07/08/2016 : ChaingunnerX
1- 06/17/2016 > 06/25/2016 : Kutshitsu

I will edit the post, every time a mapper takes back the map.

The link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/i36i7tx7s6dacra/tobecont.zip

Enjoy!

Hmm, so this is some sort of "zdcmp" but for limit-removing? I like the idea hehe. I would sign up but I can't at the moment. I have some projects of mine to finish first and also, I'm not very familiar with limit-removing (LR is cl2 right?) mapping :/

This is a really cool idea for a CP and sounds similar to something I've been wanting to do for some time. I'd love to work on it; maybe after the first week of August. I just must warn that I'm not too terribly fast of a mapper, so my contribution will likely be a small portion of a map.

Question though, is this all one map or a series of maps made in the described fashion?

franckFRAG said:

3- You are not authorized to modify a zone of another mapper, you can only modify your zone.

But are we allowed to connect our contributions to those of other mappers'? E.g. make a window from a pre-existing zone to our zone?

Making a little map snippet is a fun idea.

I did something similar where someone asked for disposable map snippets but it was to use in his own map.

joe-ilya said:

I'll signup for 07/16/2016 and take the time to make my map.

This list is just an example, you can start now, or in a few days :)

Fonze said:

Question though, is this all one map or a series of maps made in the described fashion?

Just one map!

JudgeDeadd said:

But are we allowed to connect our contributions to those of other mappers'? E.g. make a window from a pre-existing zone to our zone?

Yes exactly :) You just aren't allowed to move linedefs created by an other mappers.

ClumsyDoomer said:

Lost my shit for some reason.

Haha! Poor Kuchitsu, I massacred his pseudo.