Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zerthex

can someone make these become weapon sprites?

Godfather38 said:

Do you want weapons or for us to make these sprites functional?

yes please

Godfather38 said:

Which is it?

i want them to be actuall sprites and for them to be weapons

idk i cant make weapon wads because slade3 keeps on crashing on my mac *yes i have a mac and its shitty*

Well, I suppose I can do some work while I have some free time. but as for your inability to produce wads try PK3s (use it like a normal windows directory) or a different wad editor.

Godfather38 said:

Well, I suppose I can do some work while I have some free time. but as for your inability to produce wads try PK3s (use it like a normal windows directory) or a different wad editor.

there are no other wad editors for mac D:

Wait, in the pistol images, is the guy holding a gun to the right side of the screen with his left hand? Because it sure as Hell looks like it.

I'd worry about fixing the perspective on these sprites first. He's holding them all sideways.

Impie said:

I'd worry about fixing the perspective on these sprites first. He's holding them all sideways.

its just a wierd style i have

Zerthex said:

its just a wierd style i have

Known as "lack of perspective."

Don't make excuses, man, you can do eet. Try drawing new ones using doom gun sprites as a reference. Better yet, look up art tutorials on drawing "vanishing points".

Impie said:

Known as "lack of perspective."

Don't make excuses, man, you can do eet. Try drawing new ones using doom gun sprites as a reference. Better yet, look up art tutorials on drawing "vanishing points".

Gotta agree with Impie - There's nothing wrong with them being cartoons, but as it is, he's aiming way off to the left of the screen. Diagonal gun sprites are okay, but these are way too diagonal. I see this even in detailed sprites, its a common issue. Hopefully this critique makes sense.

You can find Duke Nukem graphics on Spriters Resource, too, if you're dead set on angled weapons. It's just tougher to draw those without perspective practice.

Or you can get defensive again and ignore all of us, like most people on the 'net. Hope you take the higher road.

Impie said:

You can find Duke Nukem graphics on Spriters Resource, too, if you're dead set on angled weapons. It's just tougher to draw those without perspective practice.

Or you can get defensive again and ignore all of us, like most people on the 'net. Hope you take the higher road.

ok! ive made a V2 of the pistol

I'll have a go at making them functional if you want?

Do you want the game to recognise them in place of the default weapons, or just inherit from them?

Xegethra said:

Do you want the game to recognise them in place of the default weapons, or just inherit from them?

i want them to repace the original weapons *the V1 pistol that is sidewas will replace the chaingun and the V2 pistol will replace the regular pistol*

Xegethra said:

but before you make it im just gonna make a couple more sprites

Xegethra said:

ok done you can make the wad now

Well this turned out tougher than it needed to be. I can only get them to half work, by replacing the chainsaw....the weapons won't actually replace the weapon they should. I don't know why, I have tried all combinations of the doom classes to replace and whatnot but nope.

I can also access them by console command, is there a way to always activate those commands by default?

I'll keep trying, but if someone else gets there first then so be it.

Post your DECORATE definitions of the weapons and the player class, and either your KEYCONF or MAPINFO/GameInfo depending on which method you're using, and if you're using the MAPINFO/GameInfo method, make sure that you aren't playing in Zandronum of a version older than 3.0 (maybe even 3.0 doesn't support it, I'm not sure).

Xegethra said:

is there a way to always activate those commands by default?

No, at least not from the modder's perspective, only from the user's one, deliberately so that the modder can't make a troll wad that would break people's settings by executing console commands.

It's O.K I got it. I forgot about the player class. Thanks for kickstarting my memory there. Just got the rest to go now.

Yeah, I even did some cartoon ammo pick ups. *Note* I felt that I needed to squash the pistol sprite a little bit, it was a bit too tall before, but I can put it back if you want.

Which is what makes it awful. No point defending it, it's better to point out the flaws so they are able to improve.

Hey, he wants them in the game, if the weird angles turn him off then he can see why his drawings are off.

Why is his left hand holding the gun on the right side, I mean the perspective is sorta tolerable but the thumb is in a weird spot that looks as if doomguy decided to break his left arm for a challenge or something.