Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Quake Champions interview

GC: Obviously you’re not going to announce anything today. But was that just you telling me a story when you say this doesn’t close the door on other types of Quake game? Because if you’re making something that is this specific, that implies you could still do a Quake single-player and whatever.

TW: We are not shutting the door on new consoles or single-player…

GC: Because I know Jens Matthies from MachineGames would love to make that.

TW: [Purposefully ignores comment] We wanted a focused game, draw your lines and make the best game we possibly can within those boundaries.

GC: Will there be any lore in Champions at all?

TW: Oh yes. The fact that you said Lovecraft, that puts you in a different category of fan.

GC: I do like Lovecraft. Well, not the man himself, obviously. But Bloodborne kind of renewed my interest in using that kind of backdrop for a single-player game.

(We’re interrupted again by the PR guy)

GC: I’m done, we are done!

TW: [laughs]

GC: Well, it’s been a pleasure to meet you. I look forward to seeing Quake become famous again.

TW: Me too! Great to see you.

Interesting...! :)

There is a possibility of the Lovecraft horror themed Single Player Quake reboot from 1996. Jen Matthies from MachineGames wants to do Single Player Quake game too. From the recent Metro.co.uk website interview with Tim Willits, he said he's not shutting the door on the Single Player Quake game and he purposely ignored the interviewer's comment regarding Jen Matthies wanting to do Single Player Quake reboot because Tim Willits didn't want to spoil the surprise for the fans or something. Keep your eyes peeled! ;)

More details / infos, Characters abilities revealed, Also seems like there are few built-in "Hacks", You don't need 3rd party Hacks because the game will actually give them to you lol

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Gorre can Wallhack/See what's behind walls, Check the video .

Oh that's great, seriously, that reminds me of Widowmaker's Infra-Sight ultimate ability on Overwatch.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Gorre can Wallhack/See what's behind walls, Check the video .

That's a special ability that one(1) character gets. Your comment stating that the game "comes with hacks" is misleading.