Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xbobby64

Asian Doom Clones?

Or just classic FPS games that weren't made in the U.S?I just got back from playing Legend of the Seven Paladins 七俠五義3D and I was wondering if there are any other wads or classic FPS games that are in different languages.
(heres a screenshot of the game)

Another great example of a "foreign" doom game is my all time favorite doom megawad: GREZZO DUE:UNA MAGICA AVVENTURA

So are there anymore that you could reccomend to me?

Splatter said:

The third map of Deus Vult II is Asian-themed.

He's asking about Doom clones made in other countries, not Doom WADs designed to look like other countries.

...though somewhere in-between the two is Doom WADs designed in other countries, like the Japanese Community Project. Looks like your average Doom WAD from what little I played, though, so not really what you're looking for.

Wasn't there some Chinese rail shooter they found used the Doom format for its levels or something?

Death Egg said:

Wasn't there some Chinese rail shooter they found used the Doom format for its levels or something?

That's A.D. Cop.

Two additional Chinese-developed Doom clones are MARS 3D and 3D HERO, both created by the same company using a Doom-like WAD data format.

Albertoni said:

Hades was pretty interesting. It had voxels, vehicles, and a single sound channel, heh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noeGH-WRbiY

Hades is a really interesting one, but it always crashes on me after a few minutes...

Hades 2 isn't Asian, nor is it a sequel, but it's also pretty badass for a foreign Doom clone.

Also, didn't Grezzo just steal tons of shit from other wads? You should track those wads down and play them instead, like Zharkov Goes To The Store.

Another one is the Tetsujin series on the 3DO, aka Iron Angel of the Apocalypse. They both came to the US, but didn't lose their weird Japanese vibe in the process.

Impie said:

Hades 2 isn't Asian, nor is it a sequel, but it's also pretty badass for a foreign Doom clone.

Also, didn't Grezzo just steal tons of shit from other wads? You should track those wads down and play them instead, like Zharkov Goes To The Store.

Holy... I was searching for that game for years! I played it when I was little, thanks a lot for letting me know its name!

And yeah, Grezzo stole a ton of stuff, but not everything. They made some original content here and there if I'm not wrong.

Revenant100 said:

Two additional Chinese-developed Doom clones are MARS 3D and 3D HERO, both created by the same company using a Doom-like WAD data format.

Since they use a wad-ish format, what if we somehow made them compatible with ZDoom?

i knew about the game "Seven Paladins 七俠五義3D" in its days. it was made by a company in taiwan, using an early version of build engine without authorization, and is rarely found so far. i am not sure if it ever hit the market officially.