Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest MIND

What's your structure for playing games?

Guest MIND

How do you play games or divide your time between your games?

I have a problem. I have too many games to attend to all at once and I don't know how to balance them all. The games range from brand new to 5-9 years old so this and last decade.

I'm currently playing:
- Doom 4
- Doom 3
- Quake 4
- Command And Conquer Generals
- Starcraft Wings Of Liberty when I can
- Need For Speed 2010

Usually I play one game at a time, unless playing co-op. beat it, If I'm still feeling it beat it on a harder difficulty. in a harder way, then I move on. I'm playing exclusivly doom right now.

I feel like playing too many games at once takes away from the experience, especially if it's single-player oriented. Right now I'm playing Memento Mori 1 and Doom 64 and I'm not starting another PWAD until I finish one of those.

Ya I also have the problem, like sometimes i play a game then forget about it and play it a year latter and forget what happened.

Play for a bit, start over, play for a bit, start over, play for a bit, start over. Play for a bit, get bored. I rarely actually beat video games these days.

Been playing:

-Fallout 4
-DOOM 2016 on Nightmare
-The Marathon Trilogy

I'll play two levels of DOOM 2016, then move onto Marathon for a hour, then go to Fallout 4 for a couple of hours.

Mechazawa said:

Play for a bit, start over, play for a bit, start over, play for a bit, start over. Play for a bit, get bored. I rarely actually beat video games these days.

Pretty much the same. I just play what i feel like playing without attempting to beat anything. Right now i started playing Fallout: New Vegas for maybe 20th time and i'm just playing aimlessly without doing any quests or advancing the plot. Just wandering around the world, killing stuff etc..

I do beat games sometimes, but those are usually games that are easy to beat..

I focus all my effort on one game, ONLY if I'm interested enough to put my heart and soul into finishing the game.

I barely play if the above statement isn't true.

Do it or don't.

I have at least 2 games I'm playing at any given time more often than not, sometimes even up to 5 or 6. Usually how I divide my play time is that I play 3 games in a day (one session of each), alternating between games based on what I'm in the mood for on a daily basis.

I used to be only able to focus on one game at a time but nowadays I can juggle about three at a time rather comfortably. Any more than that and something's bound to get put on the back-burner. At least for a while.

Finally got finished with the main quest of Fallout 4, why I did it so quickly was because I sided with The Brotherhood of Steel, despite my seething hatred for them. They have a fucking Iron Giant and shit, so I wanted to end the main quest with a bang.

Still though, I feel huge regret after killing the Railroad but even then I didn't want to have their quests just be stuck there.

Welp, two more games to go now.

I play one game at a time, obsessively, until I burn out and do something else. Sometimes I don't play games for a very long time.

I play between 5 or 7 games per day, those being, Doom 2, Duke3D, Mugen, Quake and Quake 2.
However sometimes i play Hong Kong 97(yes you heard it right) along with the original song, cuz' i find it amusing and hilarious.

Steam sales frequently lead to a piling up of titles I am yet to play.

As a general rule, I only play one game at a time - I enjoy immersive narratives in a game, and just as I find it hard to be immersed in more than one book, so I find it hard to be immersed in more than one game.

Exceptions are things like a bit of Doom pwads or counterstrike that you can dip in and out of.

I've just finished with Far Cry 4, which was fun in some ways but limited in others like the rest of the series, but is very much in that immersion category. Now I'm going to try to pick my way through the F.E.A.R. games as they've been sitting in my library since last summer's Steam sale...

When i started to create my mods for doom, I kind of stopped playing other games for a really long time. I had just focused on making my own game, that I had play tested very often. But eventually, I started playing a few here and there to completion. I completed Alien Isolation, Fallout 4, and Doom (2016). I also did some campaigns in Civilization V, and Rome 2: Total War. I built a huge metropolis in Cities: Skylines, and I play sim city on my phone. But other than that, I haven't really played much video games in that past couple years.

I do play some old-school arcade games, at this place I go to sometimes.