Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I liked it for what it is, a simple layout with some non-linearity and nicely hidden secrets. The monster placement never felt dull, you had a frantic pistol start.

Just four bugs you should notice in further wad makings of yours.

-
The bars are leaking through the floor, to keep that from happening, make a 1 digit difference of light or height.

-I have no idea what to do after pushing the blue key, so I just jumped into a door instead.

-Make lifts more obvious.

-Make secrets less obvious in the automap by setting correct linedef definitions such as "secret" and "hidden".

Voltcom9 said:

I'll try this later.

Ok maybe not then.

That's strange, I have no idea why it does that. I will try uploading it to a different site

joe-ilya said:

I liked it for what it is, a simple layout with some non-linearity and nicely hidden secrets. The monster placement never felt dull, you had a frantic pistol start.

Just four bugs you should notice in further wad makings of yours.

- http://i.imgur.com/ACqJu4v.png
The bars are leaking through the floor, to keep that from happening, make a 1 digit difference of light or height.

-I have no idea what to do after pushing the blue key, so I just jumped into a door instead.

-Make lifts more obvious.

-Make secrets less obvious in the automap by setting correct linedef definitions such as "secret" and "hidden".

Thanks for the feedback man! Oh I had no idea about the bars since I play in OGL where that doesn't occur, I'll fix it. The blue key should raise up one of the bridges that will allow you to exit the level, just as the yellow key does. Good points on the lifts and the secrets!

If you changed the link, it still doesn't work for me, keeps being blocked. Try uploading it in another place that isn't tinyupload.

Or if someone can do the favor, can someone PM me the WAD?

Blasqen said:

That's strange, I have no idea why it does that. I will try uploading it to a different site

Thanks for the feedback man! Oh I had no idea about the bars since I play in OGL where that doesn't occur, I'll fix it. The blue key should raise up one of the bridges that will allow you to exit the level, just as the yellow key does. Good points on the lifts and the secrets!

What looks fine in OGL doesn't necessarilly look so ok in software. Keep that in mind ;)

You should always test your maps in the intended sourceports and, unless you are doing some mod that absolutely requires OGL, you should test them in software.

I will try your map later on (when I have time).

TheArcadeStriker said:

If you changed the link, it still doesn't work for me, keeps being blocked. Try uploading it in another place that isn't tinyupload.

Or if someone can do the favor, can someone PM me the WAD?

Uploaded to filedropper: http://www.filedropper.com/map01

The_Trigger said:

What looks fine in OGL doesn't necessarilly look so ok in software. Keep that in mind ;)

You should always test your maps in the intended sourceports and, unless you are doing some mod that absolutely requires OGL, you should test them in software.

I will try your map later on (when I have time).

Yeah, pretty stupid not to do that :P. Thanks! I appreciate it.

Your blue and yellow key switches are use-once only and open/close. Either make them repeatable, or open only. If you don't press the underneath switch quickly enough, the door will close and you can never raise the platforms and finish the map.