Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LGN-76

Master Chief VS Doomguy (as well as other ScrewAttack Death Battles)

I know this fight pissed off quite a few people on here when it first came out, but I actually like it, and it's my favorite of the Death Battles thus far, despite Doomguy losing.

Why?

Because, unlike most people and/or shows on the Internet, Wiz and Boomstick ACTUALLY DO THEIR HOMEWORK. Like they say before every Death Battle, it's their job to thoroughly analyze each character's weapons, armor, and skills in order to determine who would win in a actual fight. THEN, after the fight ends, they EXPLICITLY EXPLAIN WHY the winner emerged victorious.

So because of that, you basically have no reason to be a sore loser over Death Battle. IMHO, people who ARE sore losers over it (and to a greater extent, the people who want revenge against ScrewAttack, flood them with hate mail and death threats, and do whatever they can to destroy Death Battle and ruin ScrewAttack's reputation all because their oh-so-precious hero lost a fight) need to:

1. Get a life
2. Learn to accept defeat like a normal human being
3. Move on

If they can't be bothered to do that, then all I can say, is God help their souls...

Once again, Death Battle is all about WHO WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT OVER THE OTHER, and NOT about which game is better or which character is more popular (If you want your favorite character to win just because he's cool, go watch Super Power Beat Down instead. It's garbage to me, but hey, to each his/her own...)

EDIT:
OK, that's it. After taking one glance at Death Battle X's new episode (Ronald McDonald VS Colonel Sanders) and then reflecting back on the stupidity that was Chuck Norris VS Segata Sanshiro, I've finally concluded that, as hard as they try, Wiz and Boomstick just can't be taken seriously, and that I 'm officially done with Death Battle.

That means I'm now with you guys 100% in that Doomguy is better than Master Chief, and that this whole argument is now completely null and void. It can even be sent to Post Hell for all I care...

I watched this once.

Half of it was crap for me (just get to the battle!)

Also, Doomguy was moving really really slow...

Isn't that video like, ten years old now? Since then the BFG has been retconned to run on like, demon light magic and shit anyways.

RexFesto696 said:

defeat

What defeat? You're saying it like this is some kind of srsly objective stuff that actually means something.

Tritnew said:

I still think that fight was pure bullshit.

And it is.

The only way to really find out is put them against each other, with bots.

Doomguy bot will have
-high speed
-carries all weapons
-Kevlar armor (medium resistance)
-90% accuracy (the high speed, that's why)
-no jump/crouch

Master Chief bot will have
-normal human speed
-upto to two weapons
-mjolnir armor (high resistance)
-100% accuracy
-jump/crouch

Put those two in an arena than we'll see who wins

A Master Chief vs Doomslayer would be cool to see too.

Since Doomslayer seemed to be unstoppable in DOOM 2016 and such, at least to the demons, Master Chief wouldn't stand a chance.

RexFesto696 said:

...Wiz and Boomstick ACTUALLY DO THEIR HOMEWORK....

DeathBattle seems to just be something to cause tension among the younger and/or more volatile fans of the series.

Also Doomslayer would be a more formidable opponent because of parkour and other things (jump boots, etc).

Ugh. I knew this would happen. I just knew it... :P

My stance on the whole thing isn't gonna change, but I don't wanna piss you guys off more than I already have. So go ahead and continue to be sore losers*. I'll just continue to watch and enjoy Death Battle as I have been...

*I like you guys and this site, and I do wanna have a good standing with all of you, so I mean no offense with this comment.

We all know Doomguy is better than Master Chief, so why let it get to you?

(The Marathon Security Officer is also better than Master Chief)

I love death battle, but this fight (and a few others) I disagree with. Doomguy is more resilient than Master Chief, especially with armor. He also moves much faster. Master Chief's combat relies on good cover, while Doomguy relies on cover and movement. None of which was taken into account in that episode. It basically boiled down to, well doomguy needs items to be effective, and Master chief does too, but to a lesser extent. Their reasoning literally had nothing to do with either fighter's skills. Pit Master Chief against Doom's bestiary, and he'll need items just as much as doomguy, maybe more so because his weapons aren't nearly as powerful.

Edit: just because people disagree, doesn't mean they are butthurt fanboys.

Sodaholic said:

Marathon is a THOUSAND times better than Halo.

Sodaholic said:

You're making it sound like I'm a hardcore Halo fanboy, but I'm not. I do like Halo, but nowhere near as much as DOOM.

I'm just tired of all these people whining and b***ing every time their hero (or villain) loses a Death Battle, even when Wiz and Boomstick (once again) explicitly explain why. It's not just Master Chief VS Doomguy, this happens for pretty much EVERY episode now. I just wish (once again) that they'd stop watching those dumb athletic shoe commercials and just accept the fact that winning isn't everything.

So, just to clarify: you brought back a debate from I dunno how many years ago because you want people here to get a life and move on?

RexFesto696 said:

You're making it sound like I'm a hardcore Halo fanboy, but I'm not. I do like Halo, but nowhere near as much as DOOM.

I'm just tired of all these people whining and b***ing every time their hero (or villain) loses a Death Battle, even when Wiz and Boomstick (once again) explicitly explain why. It's not just Master Chief VS Doomguy, this happens for pretty much EVERY episode now. I just wish (once again) that they'd stop watching those dumb athletic shoe commercials and just accept the fact that winning isn't everything.

Like was said before, death battle's opinion isn't objective, and people have the right to debate their decision. And they aren't butthurt sore losers when they do. Honestly it sounds like you are butthurt that others disagree with you.

RexFesto696 said:

Ugh. I knew this would happen. I just knew it... :P

My stance on the whole thing isn't gonna change, but I don't wanna piss you guys off more than I already have. So go ahead and continue to be sore losers*. I'll just continue to watch and enjoy Death Battle as I have been...

*I like you guys and this site, and I do wanna have a good standing with all of you, so I mean no offense with this comment.

You and your opinion suck. *
* I mean no offense with this comment.
See how redundant that is?

sudo459 said:

Like was said before, death battle's opinion isn't objective, and people have the right to debate their decision. And they aren't butthurt sore losers when they do. Honestly it sounds like you are butthurt that others disagree with you.

*sigh* OK, you're right. The last thing I wanna do on this site is become an opinion nazi, so now I'll stop trying to convince everyone here to accept Death Battle's reasoning.

And once again, sorry for pissing you guys off. Like I said, I wanna be on good terms with this site and its people.

Its okay to debate, if you agree with deathbattle here, I'm interested in hearing what you think about the points I brought up earlier.

sudo459 said:

Its okay to debate, if you agree with deathbattle here, I'm interested in hearing what you think about the points I brought up earlier.

I will say this, the early 2D animation really didn't do the fight justice. I would like to see a remastered version of Master Chief VS Doomguy (like they did with Samus Aran VS Boba Fett) in 3D, just so they can make the fight a lot more action-packed and intense...

Masterchief is overpowered if we compare him to the Doomguy(1993). Now if we compare him against Doomguy(2016) that is another history.

The Original Marine was a regular guy that was doing his best against Hell. With a basic armor

MasterChief is an uber human with a state of the Art Armor.

The 2016 Marine is an uber something (We don't know if he is human or not), with an overpowered Armor that is full of Argent Energy (End Game). Plus he is in bersek mode.

You can't really say the original doomguy was just a normal marine. He moves faster, carries more and can tank shotgun shells without armor on. He's not a normal human, humans die to one bullet while doomguy and withstand many and not even be incapacitated. When Master Chief's armor is down, he dies very quickly, one or two shots max. He even can't take a shotgun shell without dying with his armor. So, no, Master Chief is in no way shape or form more resilient than Doomguy.

The problem with comparing a proverbial whale to a proverbial elephant is that they live in completely different universes. They don't live by the same rules, even the basic laws of physics may be different for them. So if you want to compare them, you have to make up your own rules, and you'll always find someone who disagrees with them.

sudo459 said:

You can't really say the original doomguy was just a normal marine. He moves faster, carries more and can tank shotgun shells without armor on. He's not a normal human, humans die to one bullet while doomguy and withstand many and not even be incapacitated. When Master Chief's armor is down, he dies very quickly, one or two shots max. He even can't take a shotgun shell without dying with his armor. So, no, Master Chief is in no way shape or form more resilient than Doomguy.

Do you know Master Chief History?
Do you know OG DoomGuy History?
What matter is the History, the OG Doomguy was an average Marine, he is just like John Mcclane. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
While Master Chief was trained since he was a kid to be the next gen of Super Soldiers.
Even Samus is more powerful than the Doomguy (History Wise)

And belive me, i don't like Halo nor Metroid.... But they were made to be a bit overpowered.

Wild Dog said:

Do you know Master Chief History?
Do you know OG DoomGuy History?
What matter is the History, the OG Doomguy was an average Marine, he is just like John Mcclane. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
While Master Chief was trained since he was a kid to be the next gen of Super Soldiers.
Even Samus is more powerful than the Doomguy (History Wise)

And belive me, i don't like Halo nor Metroid.... But they were made to be a bit overpowered.

Ugh... We are talking about the games. In the game, Doomguy can tank shotgun shells, well technically one. But Master Chief can't. So like I don't care about the history. Doomguy is not a regular marine. Literally everyone else died immediately fighting the demons and yet, Doomguy takes them all by himself.

Ah yes I remember this. For some reason Doomguy moves slow as molasses during the fight against Master Chief but in the actual game he runs at like 100 mph. It was bullshit that he lost but whatever.