Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Varis Alpha

Argent Tower freezing

this stopped my Nightmare run dead right now. i know there's something finicky with the end of Argent Tower. after the screen gets completely white, it just refuses to go to the result screen. so far, i've only been able to attribute the cause to two things: playing the game in fullscreen, and playing it on any difficulty higher than HMP. weirdly specific, that last one, but it's how i was able to progress through my UV run by lowering the screen res and difficulty setting.

however, as you know, you cannot change the difficulty of Nightmare at all, which means i'm now completely stuck at the end of Argent Tower, with no means of progressing through on Nightmare.

is there anything i can do about it so the game will progress as normal?

I don't know if it's worth anything but.. in my playthroughs I've gotten the impression that if you hang out in the elevator shaft where the Gauss Cannon is when it finishes the countdown and turns white it seemed less likely to crash.

I've only had the game not crash once when out in the general area, haven't had any in the shaft. Could be coincidence so take it for what you will.

Another matter people have mentioned is the paged texture cache setting in advanced can cause crashes if turned up too high. Could try adjusting that as well.

They really need to fix these CTDs.

this is a different type of issue i'm having. i did have crashes of that type in Lazarus Labs frequently, fixing the right setting worked. however here, when the screen fades to white, it just doesn't progress to the result screen and freezes, meaning i have to terminate the process, which is impossible if the game is at fullscreen as well. that's really the only glaring problem i've had with the game, otherwise it ran fine.

Viscra Maelstrom said:

this stopped my Nightmare run dead right now. i know there's something finicky with the end of Argent Tower. after the screen gets completely white, it just refuses to go to the result screen. so far, i've only been able to attribute the cause to two things: playing the game in fullscreen, and playing it on any difficulty higher than HMP. weirdly specific, that last one, but it's how i was able to progress through my UV run by lowering the screen res and difficulty setting.

however, as you know, you cannot change the difficulty of Nightmare at all, which means i'm now completely stuck at the end of Argent Tower, with no means of progressing through on Nightmare.

is there anything i can do about it so the game will progress as normal?

What are your system specs, what operating system are you running, and what graphics driver are you running?

This infamous Argent Tower Crash is really annoying to me as well. This usually happens to me whenever I play the game with fullscreen mode. Thankfully, I found a solution to deal with this problem by setting the windowed mode for that moment. I've never gotten a single crash with this method so far. So try the windowed mode instead of lowering resolution.

antares031 said:

This infamous Argent Tower Crash is really annoying to me as well. This usually happens to me whenever I play the game with fullscreen mode. Thankfully, I found a solution to deal with this problem by setting the windowed mode for that moment. I've never gotten a single crash with this method so far. So try the windowed mode instead of lowering resolution.

i must've forgotten to mention that i DID set the game in windowed mode to get past this segment. well, borderless windowed anyway. maybe i should try pure windowed mode to see if that helps it anymore. if not, my Nightmare run will be perpetually stuck in limbo until further notice.

For me, it was a problem with the new drivers that were out on release. Rolling back to a previous version fixed this issue forever for me; had it happen 4 times in a row the first time playing.

AirRaid said:

It's not supposed to freeze until you get to Vega Processing.

(sorry)

That one long drop-down room just makes my computer eat shit. Is that the same across the board?