Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Doomshack.org - Wad hosting & Multiplayer DOOM!

Sure man, no problem! I'll be releastic this time and say, expect an update within the next week :) I wanna get this thing filled with WIP - In fact, maybe a WIP section is in order...

Do you think you can shoehorn this picture somewhere on Doomkid's WAD Shack? :P

Guest Unregistered account

the_miano posted:
...That

*Spits out milk all over the screen and gets a very awkward telling off*

Extreme-O-Bump!

I've streamlined the site quite a bit and have it back up and running :) Now the tutorial for online Dooming has been moved to it's own page. I removed the recommended YouTube sites, since those can all be found trough my YT account anyway.

I'm considering adding yet a 3rd page to do monthly roundups of recently released WADs, like my own personal /newstuff reviews, but wether or not I actually follow through is to be seen ;) If I don't go through with that, I'll just have it be an assortment of my favorite WADs which gets updated periodically.

I hope you guys enjoy the updates! Any suggestions and feedback are of course welcome.

On the same day, independantly of one another, you and Miano both said I should update it. I figured, why not :) I had a few ideas for improving the page anyway, I think it's all set out better now, way less cluttered.

Doomkid said:

On the same day, independantly of one another, you and Miano both said I should update it. I figured, why not :) I had a few ideas for improving the page anyway, I think it's all set out better now, way less cluttered.

Hell yeah! You finally updated it after all these months lol It definitely looks less cluttered. I also noticed you removed the comments section. That was probably for the best because you were getting spammed. Maybe you can still make a page for recommended youtube channels? No big deal if you don't do that though.

http://www.geocities.ws/doomkid/

Huge updates to the site, folks! Added a whole lot of relevant resources, make screenshots clickable for better viewing, added table of contents for improved navigation, improved multiplayer tutorial.. Lots of new bits and pieces to check out :)

I hope you like the site. I'm open to any suggestions, as always!

Looks good Doomkid! I like the new layout as it appears here on my phone. Might be a while before I can view it on a real computer, but I like the simplicity of it that there is not a lot of crap crowding up my screen, making the text stretch for 3 screens per paragraph, lol.

The table of contents is also a nice addition and is an important foundation to lay as the site grows (and I hope it does!).

Keep up the good work, man!

Doomkid said:

http://www.geocities.ws/doomkid/

Huge updates to the site, folks! Added a whole lot of relevant resources, make screenshots clickable for better viewing, added table of contents for improved navigation, improved multiplayer tutorial.. Lots of new bits and pieces to check out :)

I hope you like the site. I'm open to any suggestions, as always!

I approve of the new layout :)

I'll be making a whole other section with recommended wads soon (maybe a week or so) I'll be happy to add decapitation deathmatch once it's done!

The site is continuing to look better - Added lots of DM and co-op wads, and will add more as time goes - I'll be happy to mirror your WAD or take suggestions. (max filesize of 15meg when zipped)

Also now have integrated IRC chat! For those of you who had trouble connecting to IRC, I've automated the whole process right in your web browser.

I still have a few things I need help with, anyone who is knowledgeable in this field, your help would be greatly appreciated - https://www.doomworld.com/vb/everything-else/85719-help-a-website-html-newb/

Hope to see some of you in the Doom chatroom. Enjoy!

EDIT: Just tested the IRC chatroom, worked on my Windows phone, so hopefully it should work on most devices.

What do you mean? (I'm sure this is a joke but I don't get it, did Soda just do this too)

OHH the creepy stalker fuck..! Well, I'm hoping for the best, all this shits on Facebook and my YouTube more or less so I figured what the hell. Still though.. Poor Soda that's so goddamn weird.

Yeah, in-between bouts of feeling left out cause I don't have one, I feel for him dealing with such a f*cked up situation; I shouldn't make fun of it though. But your comment earlier was funny.

(This was the post celebrating the rename of Doomkid's Wad Shack to just Doomshack, and separation from GeoCities to our own domain. Yay!)

CTF servers have now been added on Zandronum and ZDaemon!

Zand: IDL201X CTF (33 maps)
ZD: CoreCTF + zdmegaCTF (62 maps)

More to come :)

Lol @ the link to DoomBuilder2's website. The subtle, conspiracy-theory-worthy encouragement for newcomers to make OS wads at play here is a highlight of the site :)

On a more serious note, great job with Doomshack.org so far, man! I look forward to the planned real-time server/player display; that's pretty cool.

The Doomshack servers are very reliable for me to play on, as well. So great job to you and Crispix on getting them up for us to get some good frags on.