Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyockell

Editing with wadauthor

Hello ok im haveing some problems here i start a new wad and i import everything from the immoral conduct wad i start building everythings going good but it always seems to screw up somewere ill start a level and maybe a door wont be there and the graphics are all distorted its like on clipping mod. now why i dont get this is why does it do this when i create a wad using this mod?? its very eritateing anyone know what i could do?

yea im doing so but its giving me the same effect sometimes the sectors slash doors dont even show up on my map/tab enemys tend to walk into it and get stuck and no matter if i add textures or not nothing shows up in the room except a part were you can walk throught and then it gets all blurry. it does this on both computers so are there any wad editors that i could use when mixing my wads with the immoral conduct mod

The level will run fine with the normal doom but if i try to run it with edge 1.27 and immoral conduct theres sectors missing like steps in a room pretty much anything higher then the rest of the room plus the enemys seem to see through the walls and half the wall in a room will be missing even tho all the textures are there so this is about as good as i can explain it and it does so on both of my computers so what the hell is going on?

This sounds like the typical problems you get if you have been messing with the level but haven't recompiled the GLnodes file.

Solution:
1. Go to the directory where you have the wad file you're working on and look for a file that has *.gwa as the extension.
2. Delete this file and then run edge again with your wad.
3. Bingo!

You'll have to repeat these steps ever time you change something in the map unfortunately :-(

If that doesn't solve the problem then I'm stumped. Let me know if it works, ok?