Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Behind the Music with Mick Gordon

To the contrary, I think that transposing to a lower key via downtuning can sometimes take away from the aggression, because very low tones can sometimes have less punch than slightly higher ones. There's a middle ground, in terms of pitch, that to me has an ideal level of intended aggression, whereas it's a more common compositional approach to assume that lower is always better. That said I still like Mick's rendition.

The last song there, I was playing Doom last night and first heard this song I was f%#$ing pumped. I could head bang to that, and I don't do that often.

GoatLord said:

To the contrary, I think that transposing to a lower key via downtuning can sometimes take away from the aggression, because very low tones can sometimes have less punch than slightly higher ones. There's a middle ground, in terms of pitch, that to me has an ideal level of intended aggression, whereas it's a more common compositional approach to assume that lower is always better. That said I still like Mick's rendition.

Agreed. To be fair though, "bigger and bolder" were the exact words he used. Low tones make for a thicker, meatier sound. Think of it as the difference between getting hit by a sledgehammer and being gouged by a power drill.

Anyway, great videos.

I'm just excited for Part 3 now. According to Gordon himself, it's a community Q&A video and it should be up next week.

MusicallyInspired said:

Why isn't this soundtrack for sale yet? They're sitting on a goldmine.

Just Bethesda being Bethesda, I guess. But I'm sure they'll cave in if we keep voicing our need for an OST release loud and long enough.

MusicallyInspired said:

Why isn't this soundtrack for sale yet? They're sitting on a goldmine.

A limited vinyl pressing would be dope.

btw the music contain notes or hidden frequencies or whatever shaped like "666's" and pentagrams

it's not like encoding image-data into music is a uncommon occurrence, really. i still find it funny that people freak out whenever they see a spectogram image with something like this in a song.

also, is it just me getting annoyed by the editing in the interview? why do they change the camera angles back and forth when Mick is talking? was this edited by a bunch of ADD monkeys? other than that, i like these interviews so far.