Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Quagsire

Since no one in the #doomtwid IRC room will help

How the hell do I setup a TSPG-Painkiller server? I tried reading the instructions, but it keeps saying that I'm already registered when trying to register an account. However, when trying to login viaa the IRC client, it says I'm NOT registered. Anyone know about this issue?

Decay said:

Check out the in-depth instructions here

^ Check out Decay's enclosed instruction book for starting up your own spaghetti

alterworldruler said:

^ Check out Decay's enclosed instruction book for starting up your own spaghetti

The main problem is that I can't register or recover a password. It kept saying I was already registered, but I couldn't log on, so I'm trying to fetch the password. What command do I use after I get the email? The one in the message didn't work for me.

Decay said:

Gotta read that email and follow the instructions. Then read and follow the instructions found here: http://allfearthesentinel.net/

Remember, if capo can do it, so can anybody.

It said to type this:

Spoiler

/msg NickServ SENDPASS enderkevin13
1467224050:BF7F8028099395E306C8A16770084D9553C4894B <yournewpassword>

I did that, but it said this:

"This account or the e-mail address on this account has already had a mail
sent to it. Please respond to that mail. If you feel this is incorrect,
contact network support.
SENDPASS enderkevin 13"

Sgt Ender said:

It said to type this:

Spoiler

I did that, but it said this:

"This account or the e-mail address on this account has already had a mail
sent to it. Please respond to that mail. If you feel this is incorrect,
contact network support.
SENDPASS enderkevin 13"

Dude i'll make an exception and help you, you see, you added a space between enderkevin and 13, IRC nicknames never have spaces.

alterworldruler said:

Dude i'll make an exception and help you, you see, you added a space between enderkevin and 13, IRC nicknames never have spaces.

I didn't.

Just for anyone reading, don't bug the people in #doomtwid about MP questions, just ask here or if its about TSPG specifically, I'd say it makes sense to ask in the #TSPG or Zandronum chat instead.

Sgt Ender said:

It said to type this:

Alright, let's check what is wrong. First, I am going to copy and paste the contents of the spoiler as is:

Ok now what about this:
/msg NickServ SENDPASS enderkevin13 1467224050:BF7F8028099395E306C8A16770084D9553C4894B <yournewpassword>
You see, that command has to be sent in the SAME LINE, otherwise, all NickServ is going to see is
SENDPASS enderkevin13
With the rest of the command being interpreted as a second command. You can also PM NickServ directly, as if you are going to talk to someone in private and paste the command below:
SENDPASS enderkevin13 1467224050:BF7F8028099395E306C8A16770084D9553C4894B <yournewpassword>
Now you know what you are supposed to do, you have to send a message that is interpreted as a command to the service known as NickServ, which looks like an user. Also, to open a window to "talk" to NickServ, you can do this:
/query NickServ

pasting a password recovery with your username was a genius move, i must admit.

I did that, and was able to finally open up a server. The server name is "Ender's classic TDM server!". It uses the default Doom 2 maps, but I might throw in a custom PWAD sometime.

#doomtwid has almost literally nothing to do with any facet of the Zandronum community.