Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Favorite Band and Song By Them

You can only post one video. It must be your favorite song by your favorite band.

If "it's too hard to pick one", then don't post.

Here's mine:

That's a hard one, because I can't decide of Clan of Xymox or Front Line Assembly is my favorite band. But I suppose FLA has had a larger influence on me, and I listen to them a lot more. Thus...

The funny thing is, the first time I heard this, I actually heard a remix and I hated it. Because of this, I avoided the album it's on (Improvised Electronic Device), thinking it was more iffy crap. It wasn't until a few years later that I heard the original version and fell in love with it and the whole album.

I think we have enough music threads. Besides, how do you pick a favorite song anyway?

^I'd have to agree, we can't really pick favorite songs, so it'd be kind of hard to do so.

I'm fine with the Metal and Rock discussions and such.

RUSH said:

I think we have enough music threads. Besides, how do you pick a favorite song anyway?

Well, what I did was think about all the songs I like a lot, and then I picked the one I liked a little bit more than the other ones.

If I had to pick one song and delete all the others:

This song has remained at the top of my playlist for over a decade, I've never tired of it. It's epic.

It's not by a band though, so I don't know if it counts.

It should be little surprise to anyone who's played BTSX, that I'm a bit of a Robert Pollard fan.

Guided By Voices - (I'll Name You) The Flame That Cries

A triumphant prog rock opus condensed into 3 and a half minutes. That climax is a revelation. It's hard to pick a favorite with so many greats to choose from, but this might be the one. And this is just a b-side!

People Are Leaving is a close second. I adore the somber jazzy instrumentation, and that self-duet is just awesome. Throw in some great lyrics like "rewrite the book of the Pharaohs, or at least add a couple of pages", and it's a winner.

I struggle with picking favourites but if I were held up at gunpoint and had to decide, this would probably be the one that rises above them all in my books. I absolutely love how this track sounds and progresses.

Picking just one is damn difficult..
These are probably the best lyrics I know of, and the song is groovy as hell, so it's gotta be Dumb All Over.

If this was just favorite song, this would be hard.

But I unapologetically love this:

Without remorse my favorite band. But I don't think they ever made a song I'd call my favorite. If that makes sense?

^If put in a scenario where one was to never be heard again, which would you choose?

I got a load of favorites, but this is my personal favorite.

probably the only one here who still listens to nu metal longtime. These guys pull out all the good parts of the genre and I consider this album to be one of the best ever. I wish some of their other albums would have better sound quality though, even their most recent album has that demo-like sound.

Easy one for me.

Also, great choice, Eris Falling. Sabaton is a really cool band. I don't usually listen to power metal but Sabaton stands out among the rest, I think.