Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Orchid87

So, which Doomguy name do you prefer?

Quasar said:

How about Oleg Gontar?

A GIS for it reveals only dorky dudes, dude.

Terry. I like the name Terry. And no, it's not about Terry wads/traps either. I got an anecdote to go with this.

So, when my partner and I were only together a year I got back into Doom a bit (still am, this is a phase that has lasted a few years, heheh) and he'd comment about the status bar face "that looks like my uncle Terry". So I joked that it was.

Anywho, a couple of years down the line and (sadly) my partner's grandpa passed away. At the wake I met this Terry guy, and apart from his now-grey hair, his face looked like the status bar face. Uncanny!

It's worth noting that Terry wasn't a tidy eater with the cake at this gathering, and left a trail of it wherever he went. If someone would mod that into Doom, that would make the whole circle complete.

So. Doomguy is my partner's uncle Terry.

i'm warming up to calling him the Slayer, since it's pretty funny and kind of cool, but Doomguy is what i went with. all the other names i've heard are pretty dumb.

It needs to be manly AND have some stupid wordplay in it. For example: Andrew Blackharrower. (Literally, Andrew = "Manly", Blackharrower = "Schwarzenegger".)

Fredrik said:

It needs to be manly AND have some stupid wordplay in it.

Grunt Killstuff. His name should be Grunt Killstuff.

Quasar said:

Don't forget Extermination Warrior (毀滅戰士) :P

LOL...

Hmm... we just called him Warrior/Fighter(as its Chinese means) sometimes. Since Doomguy is fighting monster, and he's a fighter of course.

Or called him "主角"(protagonist) but it happens for every game's protagonist.

:P

Viscra Maelstrom said:

i'm warming up to calling him the Slayer, since it's pretty funny and kind of cool, but Doomguy is what i went with.

A few weeks ago I watched a movie called "Gamer".

After watching that, the thought of calling Doomguy "Slayer" feels wrong (and in a sense, it is KINDA correct)

CyberDemonEmpress said:

Just Doom.

That only worked in Quake 3 Arena because id couldn't come up with a better name for him.

I actually sometimes just called him The DOOM Marine just to be simple, while I just call him Doomguy.

DOOM Marine works for me better now though.

Doomguy, always has been, always will be.

Just like Johnny Half-Life and Michael Blood. They're related to Jimmy Halo, but they don't talk about him much.

And Duke Nukum has always been Duke Nukum... he has special needs so we try to cater to that. The last time he went with this Duke Nukem nonsense he was gone for 12 years and came back wild, disheveled and punching alien tits.

Jello said:

And Duke Nukum has always been Duke Nukum... he has special needs so we try to cater to that. The last time he went with this Duke Nukem nonsense he was gone for 12 years and came back wild, disheveled and punching alien tits.

If only that was his only problem...

I prefer calling him John DOOM.

After all, we need a badass demon AIDs killing machine.

Maes said:

Well, considering his (alleged) link to the WolfenGuy, Blazkowicz, maybe a Polish or Russian name would fit him better. So if his grand-grand-father was "William" (Vasili?), he could be Ivan or Vladimir?

BORIS! THE SLAVICH CHEEKI-BREEKI BOGATYR.

Quasar said:

He's the guy on the front cover of Doom - A pokol kapui

Basically, Q3's Sarge. Non?

Now that there's a new Doom game with a new name for him,

"Doom Slayer"

while i refer to him as "doomguy" in normal parlance, i like to think that his actual name is the name he's given in the doom RPG (B.J. Blazkowicz III), because it ties in nicely with wolfenstein.

dsm said:

Now that there's a new Doom game with a new name for him,

"Doom Slayer"

pls no

NorkasAradel said:

i like to think that his actual name is the name he's given in the doom RPG (B.J. Blazkowicz III), because it ties in nicely with wolfenstein.

Please, no.