Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

Basic question - room over/under another room

So the tutorials didn't address this functionality but it's one of the things I want to try out. If I missed it, I'm sorry, and I haven't found anything with some quick google searched - but how do I put a room above, or below, another room, and attach them so the player can traverse between them?

I don't think it is possible, Though you can use "Player blocking volumes" to create fake rooms inside a big room module.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I don't think it is possible, Though you can use "Player blocking volumes" to create fake rooms inside a big room module.

So, despite the fact that they did this relatively extensively in the game, it can't be done by us?

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Yep, another SnapMap Limit, Unless they improve it in future updates .

No lie. That sucks

You can stack any of the modules. You just change the elevations so they don't clip into each other, then connect them with some halls and stairs. Right and left bumper change elevations on PS4.

mikeo007 said:

You can stack any of the modules. You just change the elevations so they don't clip into each other, then connect them with some halls and stairs. Right and left bumper change elevations on PS4.

Ya, I saw the elevation changes but I couldn't see how to connect the lower section to the higher section and vice/versa
Using a PC, btw and I can see how to place modules over or under another but I don't see how I can connect them

If your question is, can you stack rooms on top of one another?, yes you can. Connect them either by stairwells or a teleporter.

HALFRATS PS4 said:

If your question is, can you stack rooms on top of one another?, yes you can. Connect them either by stairwells or a teleporter.

Yes, that can be done, and no, that wasn't what I was thinking of. I was thinking more of say, opening a hatch, and dropping down to the next level

rileymartin said:

It's a Doom engine limitation. Wait until Quake is released for that to be possible.

lol 90s again .

Brad_tilf said:

Yes, that can be done, and no, that wasn't what I was thinking of. I was thinking more of say, opening a hatch, and dropping down to the next level

You can only attach modules at points that are indicated, which you should have already figured out by now. Unless there are modules that have attachments at the top or bottom, it logically can't be done.

Edward850 said:

You can only attach modules at points that are indicated, which you should have already figured out by now. Unless there are modules that have attachments at the top or bottom, it logically can't be done.

Obviously, but I was hoping I was missing something in the snapmap menu's that would make it possible.

I fail to see why they would hide additional attachment points as a menu option.

Brad_tilf said:

I know you can put a room under or over another room but I was hoping there was some sort of module that could directly connect the two.

Like a vertical shaft with platforms or something? That'd be pretty cool. None of the modules have vertical doors/openings, though, so I don't really know how they could possibly connect that way...

julz_d said:

They should add a lift or an elevator.

There is an elevator
but you can't connect it at the bottom to anything. stupid

then there's no point in having the room directly under another if you teleport

there's no difference from the player's end if it's under another room or 2 miles away

so your freaking out that there isnt a modual with a lower or higher trap door, or a standard square hallway that drops down a story? ok let id know what you think, they ARE listening, go to their bethesda forums just to be sure though.

all modules have doors in the same exact locations, so i understand the issue that there aren't any unconventional doors

I dont think there's anything they are going to do fix that, though. and if they did, i'm sure it would break a lot of maps.

Probably they were planning to add more modules to let you connect rooms over / under rooms (Like elevators or stairs or something ... ) but Didn't do it yet, Maybe that's why you can add Room over / under room .

EDIT : Someone posted this on Bethesda community