Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Big Robb

Hey Doomguy you're not wearing the right uniform you fucking oaf!

I was thinking about 2 seconds ago and decided to post this topic. Doomguy wears that green body suit with a helmet in the game but all the zombie men have different uniforms on. If Doomguy was in the same platoon as all of the other marines then surely he would be wearing the same uniform? Why is he wearing something different? And why does he have a helmet and none of the other marines have helmets?

Whatever man, it is as inconsistent as the fact that cacodemons exist and that hellspawn could enter mars' moons via a faulty dimensional gate.

Yet, it could be a uniform beneath the green one. Now that they are demons, maybe they can breathe in phobos and deimos atmosphere. As long as they're mind-numbingly stupid and fun to kill (specially like 7 in a row with the ssg) who cares!

The Big Robb said:

I was thinking about 2 seconds ago and decided to post this topic. Doomguy wears that green body suit with a helmet in the game but all the zombie men have different uniforms on. If Doomguy was in the same platoon as all of the other marines then surely he would be wearing the same uniform? Why is he wearing something different? And why does he have a helmet and none of the other marines have helmets?

The DOOM guy wears the same type of clothing as the zombies. The zombiemen wear uniforms with different colors and are disgustingly filthy. Their helmets were probably destroyed and had to be taken off.

Yeah, like BBG stated, Doom is a game. That means that no matter how hard you try to really turn Life (tm) into Doom, it will never work. It does not matter what the DoomGuy wears, as he is only a 64 tall bundle of pixels made to look like a game character. THEERE'S THAT WORD AGAIN-GAME!!! Hmm.....I see a pattern forming here.....

bigbadgangsta said:

I wasn't talking to you, dorkwad.

Shouldn't that be dork.wad? ;P

The Big Robb said:

the same reason the Imps in the game don't look like they do on the cover (assuming they're imps, if not, whatever they are)

....nobody cares...it's a game, yes a pattern is forming here...

DoOmEr4LiFe said:

the same reason the Imps in the game don't look like they do on the cover (assuming they're imps, if not, whatever they are)

....nobody cares...it's a game, yes a pattern is forming here...

They look more like Barons of Hell to me.

Hmm. I thought the former humans were security personnel that had been taken over by ghosts or something of that nature. Maybe the strike team from Mars wore a different uniform from the security personnel on Phobos and Deimos?

...or iD just wanted to make some cool looking enemies that looked cool without a second thought to what their background and history was. Same goes for the doomguy, so stop digging into the details.

ATTN: I would like to let it be known that I will break Woolies jaw by placing my hard throbbing cock in it. Hopefully that will spare you all from his stupidity and give me something to do.

Because if they were in uniform, then you'd be shooting at other doom marines, and that would look stupid.

The zombies probably tore their armors to pieces when they got zombified, leaving them dressed in nothing but rags of their uniforms.

Well, let's look at 'excuses' first:
The Doomguy is not wearing the "wrong" uniform - the other dead marines wear green uniforms and helmets too.
Secondly, the former humans have been dead longer - maybe they wear guard uniforms, whereas the marines wear combat uniforms.

And then, as all the others have already said: It's a game.

See?

You can carry up to 400 rounds of machinegun ammo. 100 cartridges. 100 pretty big rockets! 6 car batteries. 3 heavy weapons. Only using a simple backpack and your own strength.

Don't come here saying that Doom tries to claim any kind of realism. I think the former humans don't wear helmets so you are able to see how fucked up they are. Red eyes, mildewy hair and blood at the mouth. Besides it really helps identifying the players (with helmets) from the rest of the lot. Co-op players probably appreciates that.

Little Faith said:

You can carry up to 400 rounds of machinegun ammo. 100 cartridges. 100 pretty big rockets! 6 car batteries. 3 heavy weapons. Only using a simple backpack and your own strength.

It's also waaaay too easy with that much stuff.

Oh well, at least you won't be carrying that much in my current project...I've cut the amount down!

I always wondered why you could carry only 100 shells, especially when you could have the same number of rockets. I mean, which will you be using more often?

In my mind, not all of the Former Humans in the game were soldiers. I consider that some, even most, of them were the technicians, engineers, and other employees that would have been present during the disaster. Or in Doom 2, citizens that didn't escape in time. I also think some of them are damned people that came out of portal with the other hellspawn. If you consider all that, the likelihood of them having had marine uniforms in the first place is small.

Doomguy was still being punished for assaulting that officer, he probably wasn't dressed for battle. The zombies had their helmets ripped off so they could have their brains chewed out.

Coopersville said:

Doomguy was still being punished for assaulting that officer, he probably wasn't dressed for battle. The zombies had their helmets ripped off so they could have their brains chewed out.

Also, without helmets they're able to chew your brains out.

Former humans: "Brainsss... Living brainsss..."

Woolie Wool said:

Also, without helmets they're able to chew your brains out.

Former humans: "Brainsss... Living brainsss..."

'Cept that former humans are possessed humans, not zombies. Zombies move with shambling movements - these former humans look like they walk around the same ways that humans do.

Actually I think it would be cooler if the former humans wore different clothes. Example: The ordinary former humans wears boiler suits or other generic workman's clothes while wielding a simple pistol. Shotgun sargeants wears a guard's uniform not that dissimilar to a marine's, but without the helmet. Chaingunners wears heavy combat armor.

I just think that before the DOOM incident, the other soldiers hid a green paintbomb in the Doomguy's locker, and there was only enough paint thinner for the helmet.

Trasher][ said:
I just think that before the DOOM incident, the other soldiers hid a green paintbomb in the Doomguy's locker, and there was only enough paint thinner for the helmet.

And what about all those other, now dead, marines that you see lying around inside the bases? Did they also have a green paint bomb in their locker which went off?

All of the former human sprites wear armor like the marine... and remember that the other name for the trooper is "zombieman." They are zombies like class B movie zombies (what is a zombie instead if they can't be called zombies?) Talking about "trooper" all of you must know how the sprite names of the weaker monsters are wrong, as if they had to change their place in the code. The Imp is TROO and the Demon is SARG. "Trooper" and "Sarge," monsters which eventually fell into POSS and SPOS, "possessed" and "shotgun possessed." Unless initially these two names were meant for ranks among hellspawn exclusively.

myk said:

All of the former human sprites wear armor like the marine... and remember that the other name for the trooper is "zombieman." They are zombies like class B movie zombies (what is a zombie instead if they can't be called zombies?) Talking about "trooper" all of you must know how the sprite names of the weaker monsters are wrong, as if they had to change their place in the code. The Imp is TROO and the Demon is SARG. "Trooper" and "Sarge," monsters which eventually fell into POSS and SPOS, "possessed" and "shotgun possessed." Unless initially these two names were meant for ranks among hellspawn exclusively.

WRONG. TROO and SARG were never intended to be humans. The Imp was originally going to be called the Demon Trooper (the DOOM Bible gave it this description: "Does a lot of damage up close. Later Troopers cast spikes and fire.") and the Demon was going to be called a Demon Sergeant (the description was "Does a lot more damage up close. Later Sergeants cast floor-boiling magic.). There were originally going to be only two Barons of Hell in the whole game, and they would've been called the Bruiser Brothers. Maybe you should read the damn thing at http://5years.doomworld.com. .

Woolie dude, thanks for the info, just what I needed. I've looked through the bible a time or two in the past, but haven't had the opportunity to memorize it yet. Also, your "WRONG" could be considered somewhat wrong by many, as I did not state it as a fact, and in fact mention the possibilty of what you clarified, as you can see in that chunk of text of mine you most graciously quote-repeated under my post for us.