Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doominator2

Favorite Video Game Disc/Cartridge Art

Tbh, i haven't seen video game disks/cartridges in a long while, so i don't really remember anything. What i remember though is that most disks i owned were either just black with game logo on them (Call of Duty 1, for example) or had the same art as the box art. So, there isn't really a lot to talk about. Atleast for me, i have never seen an unusual disk art..

For me, The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask, without question. I remember the first time I laid eyes on that marvelous gold holographic cartridge, with those huge yellow eyes gazing into my very soul and a young Link in mid spin attack.

I was ten years old. I was obsessed with Ocarina of Time. So much so that I didn't even know that a sequel had been released. My mother took my younger sister and I to Target to buy halloween costumes. I never strayed far away from my family when we went to the store...but this day was different. We walked by the videogame section and there it was, in all its glory in the demo area...that familiar font spelling out "Zelda", but this time in purple! I was able to tell right away that this Zelda game was going to be different. The cartridge art looked darker, more menacing. This is where my fascination with darker elements more than likely stemmed from.

I remember playing it and being absolutely amazed within the first five minutes. Then my mom said, "Alright, let's go find you a costume."

She was shocked when I said no and I'd be waiting there whenever she was ready to leave.

Yep. This cartridge really takes me back. I'm glad I still own it.

The original MegaMan boxart is one of those things where you'll never quite understand what the artist was trying to represent, other than the oddly geriatric depiction of MegaMan holding his gun at a queer angle. I mean, look at all that crazy shit in the background. What part of the game is that supposed to be from? It's nuts.

TheNerdTurtle2 said:

Megaman

What the hell is this shit?

^Looking at that boxart, I can't help but see the character Kyle Reese from the original Terminator.

And after a google search, I can see that I am not the first one to notice this, and it was probably intentional.

Most Saturn games used a single color/shaded screening for their disc art, but once in a while companies like Working Designs made these full color disc prints, that was like a special treat. More commonly seen on PSX, so it was a rarity on Saturn domestic games. They also did a handful of games with 'disc editions', the same game with different artwork prints on the disc..collect them all!

40oz said:

What the hell is this shit?

It doesn't have a name.

But I heard it was called Merga Mern.

This was from an old mech platforming shooter that was pretty neat-o for its time. The artwork here is very lovingly crafted, even if the details are sparse, and it perfectly matches the game sprite.

GoatLord said:

This was from an old mech platforming shooter that was pretty neat-o for its time. The artwork here is very lovingly crafted, even if the details are sparse, and it perfectly matches the game sprite.

http://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/l/39-fire-hawk-thexder-the-second-contact-dos-front-cover.jpg

Love this game! It's my avatar! Well...I'm trying to work up enough posts to change it to my avatar. It's my avatar everywhere else.