Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

Why delete posts that get users losered or banned?

So there's been a string of loserings and the occasional ban (such as DoomzRules) where the evidence has been cleared.

Why cover their asses like that? I want to know what they did to get punished.

Rayzik said:

2nd to last post is marked as the reason.

Ah, I missed that.

In any case, I really wish the administration would stop deleting bad posts in general. If someone fucks up, they deserve to have their idiocy remain on display. After all, they posted it publicly. Removing the posts only really serves to cover their asses.

I would say that at least letting the post stay visible would provide a "don't do this" reference for other users as well. Although, whether this would be a good thing or not is to be determined.

Judging by the title of the thread snippet and, you know, the actual contents of the post itself, he was banned for continuously writing posts that are indecipherable walls of texts, with little sign of desire for improving, and constantly being oblivious to anything people say.

Well, I didn't intend to make this thread about him. It's more about the string of loserings that's happened where the admins said they deleted the offending posts.

Given the crap that ends up in Post Hell, I suppose posts that do get deleted are truly irredeemable.

The one post I noticed getting deleted was about how 9/11 was faked, so...

Gez said:

The one post I noticed getting deleted was about how 9/11 was faked, so...

All the more reason not to cover their asses in my opinion.

I've got a filthy mouth, and I'm sure that's what got me Losered for a week or so. I usually get pretty hammered and pissed off at some SJW. I'm not gonna promote it here, but I could give you a zillion reasons. For real.

Sodaholic said:

All the more reason not to cover their asses in my opinion.

If you think about it, it's almost better to delete ridiculous shit like this. There is really no accountability for tings people say here because of the semi-annonimity that exists with the internet and usernames. This isn't really the place to vent about conspiraciy theories and politics.

I recently got hell posted for a sleight I made toward neo-liberalism, and while I was annoyed at first I can understand the need for moderation. There should be somewhat of a scope to a community named, "Doomworld." "Everything Else" shouldn't be viewed as a gateway to trolling. If people can see that inflammatory posts are removed there is little incentive to post them.

Doomz got banned?

Amazing what can happen over one night.

Edit-oh, he added more to that first post. Wow. What a derail.

But then again, he's only 16.

Sometimes it really sucks being that young, because articulating yourself concisely on a forum can be a big challenge. You just write lots and lots of dumb, incoherent bullshit, not realizing it's gibberish or just plain annoying, lol.

He did have a habit of rattling on about the kkk and other crap which was all debateable whether it was real life or not.

GoatLord said:

Sometimes it really sucks being that young, because articulating yourself concisely on a forum can be a big challenge. You just write lots and lots of dumb, incoherent bullshit, not realizing it's gibberish or just plain annoying, lol.

I did realize (?), and because of that I had become a silent piece of shit IRL. Incapable of saying truth and expressing myself at all.

Didn't really think he would get banned for his innocent but horrible posts. Maybe there is more to it. If anything, his posts need to get deleted.

BluePineapple72 said:

Holy fuck he's banned!

Good riddance, he deserved it.

Sodaholic said:

Why cover their asses like that? I want to know what they did to get punished.

Generally, options available when someone's being a douche are: delete the post, edit/blank out/partially delete the post, or split out and post hell the post (and related posts, if there are any). If it's just a single post it often makes sense to just delete it or blank it out rather than go to the effort of splitting out a single post to send to post hell.

Depending on the post, deleting it might be better for all our sakes, especially if it's something like bigotry or promoting violence or any shit like that.

GoatLord said:

Reminds me of my early internet days, haunting Massassi and HeavenGames with gibberish that I thought at the time was sensical and proper. It's surprising that neither site outright banned me, but I guess they figured I was too incompetent to be a real threat and so either I was tolerated, they took pity and let me learn how not to be retarded, or I was just too damn entertaining.

Even my early career here was fairly awful. Odds are, it still is according to some.

Well, my one post and losering was for a good reason. I can accept that.

But Doomz got banned? I know he spouts bullshit, and derails the thread to the awful point of going off-topic, but I don't think he deserved the ban.

Unless there's something deeper about this, then that's perfectly reasonable.

I think his inability or non-effort to change his posting habits contributed to the ban. He's been known to completely go off on tangents ever since he started posting here.

I'm pretty sure once he matures he'll look back on all this and realize how stupid he was.

That's how we all feel though, to be honest.

So is that actually how most 16-year-olds act online? I don't remember ever acting like that when I joined here.