Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PaperDragon99

Psionic Commando - SP map with new player powers - L7CGLAD3

Hey guys, I'd appreciate it if you'd try this snapmap out and let me know what you think. It's a single player, story-driven map based around acquiring brand new powers, and contains puzzle, stealth, combat, and psionic gameplay elements.

The idea was to give you choices, options, and new abilities along with a completely self-contained story. So, if you do decide to give it a shot, feel free to pick a gameplay style for going through the level that works best for you and I hope you really enjoy it!

If you want to see a bit more about it before you play, edagainsttheundead has a great video review of it that you can check out in his latest episode of DOOM Snap Map Weekly (which I highly recommend as another source for finding great maps, by the way). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSsSZi9za1Y

Also, even though it’s finished at this point, if you didn’t enjoy it or didn’t like certain aspects of it, I’ll certainly keep any suggestions you might have in mind for any future levels I might design, and so I’d be grateful for any feedback, positive or negative, that you might have. And, whatever the case may be, thank you for trying out the level!

Hey, sorry about that, no problem. If you’ve played around with it for a little while longer and tried some different things and you’re still stuck, from about 5:53 to 6:08 in the video link I posted should help. Let me know if you have any other issues, I'll try to get back to you straight away, and thanks for playing the level.

I just wanted to post a quick update: the map has now been republished to fix, among other things, an issue related to the room 3 evade/ambush location, to open a solo lobby instead of a multiplayer lobby, and to include a slightly shorter amount of time waiting in the cell before the story begins. I will no longer jinx myself by using words like “finished,” but, based on further testing on the network side, the map seems to have finally settled into a form that I’m perfectly happy with provided there are no unseen catastrophes or major shakeups.

Also, DMGUYDZ64, I’m glad you liked that! =)

This will hopefully be my last update on this, but, here's a fun thing about Snapmap I wasn't aware of. Sometimes, when you use a backup file to fix a complex problem, it won't overwrite and revert a massive series of changes that you've made that didn't work in the newer file. So if, to save time, you delete the newer file and then reimport the backup file to get the version you wanted, make the changes you need, and successfully fix said problem, you might very well be led to believe all is well.

But see, here's the thing, when you publish that update, even though it's the same file that gave you the same Map ID with the same title, you might, just might, get a brand new map ID that doesn't match the one given in the titles of any of your topics started about said map.

Now, if that should happen to you, as I'm sure I don't have to tell you, it is not, on the whole, an entirely pleasant experience. Anywho, with that said, I fixed an issue that can occur in the first puzzle section for you guys and the new map ID for this map is N9EHKC24. Also, be careful even when using backups. There is both good and bad mojo in Snapmap.

I’m not sure that wouldn’t do it, but, in my case, what happened was, I had to use an earlier version of the same file from a day earlier that was made with “Save” and not “Save As” and that was backed up on a flash drive. Also, it was made on a PS4, so for all I know this might not even be something that could affect PC users, but, if you’re in doubt, and you really don’t want the new map ID, use a backup file only as a last resort once you’ve already published. I’m not sure if that’s a common bug with SnapMap that everyone could potentially run into or anything like that, but it’s just something to be on the lookout for when touching up maps that have already been published.