Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
methy

tips & tricks

Share the tips & tricks you found in the game, be it gameplay tips you think are uncommon, glitches, slippery level design, etc

Everyone probably knows about the Syphon exploit, but maybe some of you have a few things to share which you think aren't that obvious.

- with the Rocket Launcher Lock-On Targeting, if you release the lock on while tapping the fire key, with the right timing, you'll be firing 3 normal rockets in a row.

- In Lazarus Facility, you can hide here and safely shoot every enemy in the arena. Pinkys won't even move.

- In Lazarus Facility still, before teleporting into the last arena, you can shoot many enemies through the grid floor here. It can give a HUGE advantage.

All the next ones are for the final level :

- Surely you can picture the 3 last big arenas of the level. Even if you're not supposed to, with the right jumps, you can backtrack from the 2nd arena to the first one; and from the 3rd one to the 2nd one as well. This can help for supplies (BFG ammo, armor, etc)

- I'm standing in the first secret place holding a 200 hp+armor refill item, you can actually very easily go back there by jumping on the rocks near the wall to the area. Therefore, you can trigger the fight, and come back here to shoot every demon safely from a distance. Only Imps will try to shoot at you.
You can also therefore come back get the 200 hp+armor refill item once this arena fight has ended, and use it for the next arena, which is harder.

-Smaller one but, in the last arena, Pinkys tend to get stuck there.

-Finally, once you're done with the last arena fight, from this point in the screenshot near the last objective (the last energy source to destroy), you can jump on the walls on the left, with the yellow last source, and from there jump to backtrack into the corridor that brought into the arena in the first place.
In this corridor, there is a secret place with BFG ammo and another 200 hp+armor refill item; in other words, this makes sure that you start the Spider Mastermind bossfight with 200HP, 200armor and another BFG shot.

Tips and tricks to make some of the funnest combat in years boring and dull.

Good job!

AirRaid said:

Good job!

I only used most of those tricks in my no upgrade Nightmare run honestly, not even in UN. But whatever.

AirRaid said:

Good job!

Right when the atmosphere in Doom World was starting to get positive and doll, AirRaid comes along to fix things.

My tips and tricks for Doom 16:

you can use the gauss rifle and Assault Rifle's rockets to get more height on a jump.
Using weapons secondary fire mid air will keep your momentum longer then if running and doing it.
If a monster is within melee's damage range of being glory killed you can cancel from the single melee into the glory kill by mashing the melee button.
Glory kill and chainsaw kills have Invincablity Frames that protect you at the beginning at the animation.
Always move clockwise/counterclockwise around an arena to avoid stray fireballs from hitting you or letting you get pinned down.
Try hard when jumping to a ledge to land on top, instead of letting your ass hang out while you climb it, there is almost always something you can get some height from to make the jump.
Combo your weapons, E.g. Shoot your combat shotgun, keep holding the trigger down and immeadietly switch to ssg after Combat Shotguns round goes off. With the trigger held still the ssg will fire immedietly after, and keep switching for great dps.
lower your settings to get a better response rate so long shots will hit better, you can even do this on console by going to the video settings and reducing the picture to 720p for the consoles settings, not in game. For pc reduce resolution will be a better choice then actually reducing your resolution.

MrGlide said:

you can use the gauss rifle and Assault Rifle's rockets to get more height on a jump.

Ah yes, in the last screenshot I posted in my first post, you can also backtrack there by jumping on rocks using double jump and Gauss Cannon (first use the rocks on the right of the path, not the ones below it). In other words, you can backtrack to the previous corridor that way before the fight has ended (the place I showed in the screenshot is only accessible after the fight), which theoretically makes it possible to kill every enemy in the arena from a safe distance like in the 3rd screenshot I showed.
However I didn't mention it because jumping back that way using double jump and gauss cannon is particularly hard, unless you know exactly where to jump. Plus if you don't have infinite ammo you're likely to waste all your ammo trying.
However there are 2 main waves in that fight, so in theory, if you leave the very last enemy of the first main wave alive on purpose, that should leave you more time to perform that hard jump and deal with the 2nd wave of enemies from the previous corridor.

@methy ya you just jump off of that rock right in front of it, not really hard. I get the megahealth after that fight on no upgrades when I did it a month ago. Helps with the next fight.

massivefanofdoom said:

This is great, thanks. Gonna try that lazarus labs area.

For shooting demons through the grid floor in the last arena, try to find them by listening to where their iddle sounds come from. Sometimes you only see a tiny bit of them from a certain angle, but shoot them once (I used fully charged pistol shots) and most of the times they'll move to a place where it will be easier to shoot them.

You can kill most of the Possessed Soldiers and Hell Razers of the arena that way.
The fight felt incredibly empty after that :D

Why do you guys want to cheese it? you get no ingame achievment so beating, it is all for yourself. But if cheese is what you want, you can gause hop right before that hallway to a caging that looks into that arena, you can shoot through it, go hog wild.