Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Scorn seems to be a atmospheric fps that is done in the art style of H.R. Giger. The trailer is mostly cinematic, but we do get a glimpse of in game footage near the end. According to it's Steam Green Light page the game is basically a fish out of water story. "Isolated and lost inside this dream-like world you will explore different interconnected regions in a non-linear fashion. The unsettling environment is a character itself," is how Ebb Studios described it.

You wont get any kind of tutorials or in-game prompts, so you to take it a bit slow and study the environment. Or you might miss something as important as a plot point. Also, "Players will have to think about when to fight and when to take cover and how their actions affect the world around them. Different play styles will be needed to advance." according to the developer. So ammo might be scarce.

The game is do out some time in 2017 and after watching the trailer, I'll be fallowing its development for sure.

Hell yeah, count me in. Anything to do with H.R. Giger is automatically of interest to me. Looks great. I'll be following this more.

Thanks for the share.

Fulgrim said:

So ammo might be scares.

So you get ammo every time you get scared?

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Looks like prey .

Yeah, but it also looks like a movie.

More on topic, I like that pistol. If I can get a new PC by then, I'll definitely try it. I loved Prey.

Art style is also very similar to Zdzisław Beksiński. Which is awesome.

Looks like Alien made in the style of Croenberg, absolutely amazing. Fantasy stuff usually bores me but this looks epic.

Doesn't look like too bad of a place. Didn't you see that friendly ham hock back in the spine tunnel? He stopped to say hello, he did.

Repulsive at first, then eerily surreal and quite interesting. To be honest I would not let a child play this game they would probably have nightmares for a few weeks and difficulty falling asleep.

I like the trailer's implication that not all the creatures you encounter are outright hostile, since that makes it seem so much more like an actual world instead of a spooky shooting gallery full cronenberg Metal Gear guards. It's reassuring that they seem to know how to reach their main goal not just from a visual standpoint, but also from a mechanical one.

The visuals look awesome. But I'm not into that sort of gameplay. A good 1080P of a silent play through would do me.

Well perhaps minimal gunplay can be good... I need to see more first.

Wow, I have literally been designing a game like this for a few months based on Bezinski's art. I shall definitely play this if/when it comes out. Bezinski is one of my favorite artists.

I get the feeling of dread and fear watching this. Everything looks messed up (in a good way), and that part with the gun changing *shudders*

And seeing that half his face is in some sac filled with who knows what, and how those eyes kept looking around frantically, made me feel like there's something there. Who knows what.

I'm interested on how this game will play. It doesn't seem to be as action-oriented as Doom, and doesn't seem to focus on stealth as the main way to play this. I'm curious really.

Looks like awesome horror shooter game to me.

Long as it's not another "I have no hands and I must wank" game I'm down.

I just noticed that gun is centered instead of the regular right hand side. And I doubt he is zooming.

I'm really not fond of the "one gun that switches modes" Idea. Still looks very worthy of checking out though.

MrGlide said:

I'm really not fond of the "one gun that switches modes" Idea. Still looks very worthy of checking out though.

I agree, the game looks interesting, but I've never been a fan of having one gun that changes into many. Part of playing a game is feeling like you're progressing. Weapons play a huge part in that, going from the pistol to the shotgun in Doom was amazing. Going from squiggly penis part that shoots one round to squiggly penis part that shoots eight rounds just doesn't do it for me.

CARRiON said:

Anyone remember Dark Seed? This reminded me of that buggy and jaded DOS gem.

Yes, didn't Giger personally create some art for that game?

Anyway, Scorn looks awsome, 100% Giger with some Beksinski and weird body horror stuff mixed in.

As a Giger fanboy, I loved, loved, loved this trailer. Absolutely dripping with atmosphere. Really looking forward to seeing more development.

Tetzlaff said:

Yes, didn't Giger personally create some art for that game?

Anyway, Scorn looks awsome, 100% Giger with some Beksinski and weird body horror stuff mixed in.

Nah, I'm pretty sure they sorta just... took what they wanted. I could be wrong though.

CARRiON said:

Nah, I'm pretty sure they sorta just... took what they wanted. I could be wrong though.

The devs contacted giger about using his work, which led to him demanding that they use a higher res than before to do it justice. They even had near-limitless access to his work from what I can tell.