Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CLAN#MEYER

Arcade Throwback Pac-Doom Snap Map

I did the very best I could to create a good pac-man snap map there are a few who have claimed to be pac-man but I have tried them all and I might be tooting my own horn here but I think mine is the closest to a real pac-man game so please check it out and tell me what you think I check the scores daily to see who is top Thank you in advance for giving me your time and for trying my Snap Map

search keyword pac-doom and play the one by CLAN#MEYER

Map ID:7MDHARFV

It doesn't really feel like Pacman, If only you replace the IMPs with Pinkies and Replace quad with Invulnerability .

It has more than just imps and as far as the demons go I was just working with what they gave me a lot of the demons will not work correctly in the maze they glitch out and stop spawning or stop chasing still waiting for updates from ID thank you very much for the feedback please keep trying to beat it. 4 levels and then win room would have done more but Snap Map stopped me with resources limit

You could use different modules together and replace the monster, They won't glitch that way .

Maybe they did, but were lazy enough not to give feedback/complete the level ?

You know that's Doomworld, just post your stuff and let it grow .

I will definetely check the map out when I get home from work. Going off the youtube vid, it looks like a lot of fun.

Absolutely. It will be a few hours, but I plan on teally digging into snapmap. It reminds me a lot of timesplitters two.

I gave it a coupla of runs and must say that concept is quite cool and map defo has a pacman feel to it. I found it quite hard as a contact with enemy kills me instantly and i dont know which direction they jump at me.
Second thing that struck me while running erracticaly around the maze is how hideous visually the level is. Map begs for some fancy lightning and abstract details. As it is now its just plain, dark and ugly.
I have some ideas and might spend an hour or so playing with your creation a bit, see if u'll like it.
I'd fancy some levitating objects above the map ;)

Thank you very much and I would love to see some new twist of it or just some effects I will give you it is a bit challenging but it is beatable I can not do it every time but I can beat it I was mainly trying to get the pac-man feel mix with doom just right please keep the feed back coming

I was thinking of it as pac-man would die if a ghost touched him so I cranked up Demon damage to 1000% but like cherries in pac-man there health can be chopped out right quick with quad or you can go for haste and run your a$$ off the key is learning the mazes as they change for each level and that way you can collect the food as quick as possible its 67 food to move forward

Quick question what level did you make it to

I spent 15 minutes trying to beat the first. The load times were pissing me off. I sucked at it. Maaaybe tone the difficulty down a bit.

well you are right I made it and it is still hard for me at times even though I know the maze layout the demons can still surprise me around a corner but like I said running is always a option if you like it keep trying please I would love to see someone beat my score and thank you for playing and for the feed back

Yeah, I tried running but always got clipped. Couldn't get past the first level. I cant even imagine how much harder the later levels are.

The real key for me is first level focus on keeping them dead while you collect that's why i have demon re spawn count on hud. If you return to center and kill them as they spawn it gives you more time to collect and activate the portal just watch your ammo because re spawn is only way for more. As far as higher levels go I would say the difficulty is about the same until level 4 it is a surprise. I focus more on your ability to multitask in level 4. but if you beat the 4th level you are greeted with the reward room and will receive a bonus to your score and then see where you stack up on the score board.

Thank you to all who have played it really means a lot to me still waiting for someone to beat my score.

I said "about the same" it raises due to which enemy you are facing and offers a different challenge as to how you are going to handle each new enemy.

Ok so I was thinking about it and if you all want me to make the first level easier for you what would you rather I do out of these options.

Option 1: less demons

or

Option 2: more time in between demon spawns

looks like a cool map, i'll probably give it a try. ill update post with feedback later.

edit : played the level, seemed fun. i made it a few levels in. i felt like i was running out of ammo so quickly though and often id just die on purpose to get more ammo. would it be possible to add a few respawning boxes of ammo somewhere? i think it would improve the experience.

Have you thought about giving the player an overhead map?

Like, place a camera at the top of the module, so anytime the player wants to see what's left or where the demons are at, they can hit a button and activate the camera. Since much of the strategy of Pacman relies on the overhead view, I was thinking this might be a nice addition.

I'm sorry. I didn't like this map. So much can be done to improve it, as said, but as of now, i disliked it.

Gameplay: 2/5 – You see, pac-doom is a top down arcade experience, not “hide until imps are no longer attacking” shooter. It felt like a game of hide-n-seek, where getting spotted equals to death
Difficulty: 2/5 – One hit kills don’t make anything fun. Sorry. Doesn’t help that ammo isn’t available ANYWHERE
Map Design: 2/5 – It’s Pac-Doom. Not much can be said for mapping
Sound: 2/5 – Was hoping for some usage of sound bits to emulate pac-man noises. Oh well.
Uniqueness: 2/5 – It could have worked, but there’s too many problems with this map to make it unique in any way.
Technicality: 2/5 – The teleporter from the beginning doesn’t immediately work, the zombie spawner can be spammed to summon more than one zombie, and random timers appearing don’t tell me what they do!

I'm a bit harsh, but critisicm is critisicm.