Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Li'l devil

Do you use headphones or speakers?

Do you use headphones or speakers?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use headphones or speakers?

• I use headphones
    • I use speakers
    • I play without sound

Do you use headphones or speakers? What kind of headphones/speakers you use? Or maybe you play games without sound at all?

I always use speakers. Headphones are just unconfortable to me. I've got a pair of high-quality 30 watt external speakers that i plug to my laptop, because default laptop speakers are crap.

What about you?

I used to use headphones until my laptop fucked up tremendously and had to be taken to maintenance, coming back half-broken and the headphone jack not working...

So now I use the internal speakers.

Headphones, especially for FPS games, hard to tell where bullet sound is coming from with speakers, Headphones are useful .

Poll is missing an option: both.

I usually use headphones at night to be quiet, and during the summer when I have three fans blasting and can't hear myself think. Rest of the time, I'm blastin' it baby.

Only headphones. For a computer, I have a cheap razer headset I got 4 years ago. For my phone, I use a pair of decent vacuum earphones that have survived several sinkings into cups of tea / coffee, ~700 nights of me sleeping on them, several steps on them, etc, but they're still fine. Even the phone, which was bought on the same day, isn't, although I was a lot more careful with it.

I use speakers mostly, because I'm fine with the quality (for games)

I use headphones mostly, because I want to hear every detail (for media)

Headphones, due to the cheapness factor and the more "intimate" sound quality. Been using the same ones for the past 10 years at least.

I use headphones mostly, but the ones i had previously gave me the middle finger, didn't want to work, so i destroyed them and now i play without sound, but it's just temporary, suprisingly i seem to perform great without sound, i kinda like that, gives more of a challenge and helps me keep aware of enemies, traps and such.
Anything that increases the difficulty of the challenge for me is welcome.

So yeah, i should've added "both" option, but now it's too late, i guess..

Doominator2 said:

Speakers. After about an hour with headphones my earlobes start to hurt and feel uncomfortable.

This. After about 2 hours of using headphones i usually get a slight headache.
The other reason i prefer using speakers is that in headphones i can't hear what's going on around me and i always get the feeling that someone's behind me and is about to attack me..

dethtoll said:

Poll is missing an option: both.

Dependent on the situation for me. Speakers if music, unless my partner has some guests round or whatever. The with games, it depends.

FPS Games, I more or less play with headphones without fail - the directional sound is a must if I'm going to play well.

Most other games - I'll use whatever's currently 'active', so if I last used headphones, then headphones; if I last used speakers, then speakers.

Then there's the exception of when using Skype, where I will put all sound on the speakers and the call through the headphones.

Then there's the 9 hours a day I spend at work, 90% of that time I have headphones on. Working without music is a strangely de-motivational experience; luckily my boss understands heh.

Headphones for accuracy. Room acoustics are just too much of a bottleneck no matter how good the speakers are, and I can't be bothered to properly treat the room for that.

ChekaAgent said:

So yeah, i should've added "both" option, but now it's too late, i guess..
This. After about 2 hours of using headphones i usually get a slight headache.

Are you using noise canceling headphones? Cause that could be what's causing the headache issue rather than how they fit physically.

I use Headphones by DNS russian company.
And i use quite expensive headphones with 5.1 surround sound. Unfortunately this is chinese piece of shit but it works more than 2 years and this is real achievement.

I pretty much only use headphones now, but I do have a pair of cheap speakers to use on the off-chance I'd like for someone else to listen in. I used to use speakers more back when I first got a desktop in 2004, but I gradually stopped because I started to enjoy headphones more.

Internal speakers. I bought not long ago a pretty decent headphones set but I can't use it more than 15 minutes because it's start to feel uncomfortable. I guess you need to get used to it just like when you ride your bicycle for the first time.

Depends on what I do, I used to play Counter-Strike and that's a no-go with speakers.

But games like Battlefield 2 on a 4.1 surround system with a decent bass, damn that was a nice thing back then. Almost felt like the tank rolled through your room.

Nowadays I usually go with some cheap dell speakers since I'm thankfully not audiophile, and a fatal1ty headset(for around 30$ this thing is a blast imo).