Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrazyDoomguy

Custom monsters

How can I custom monster on doom editor?
For example imp can shot many fireballs like fastweapons, or this imp can run fast... How can i do?

The easiest way to do this is to use the DECORATE language for (G)zdoom. Here, have a basic tutorial in making monsters using inheritance, a feature you'll be using frequently for this sort of purpose:

http://zdoom.org/wiki/New_User's_Guide_to_editing_with_DECORATE

You'll need a zdoom-based sourceport (GZDoom, ZDoom or Zandronum) and Slade 3 at the very least to do this for the editing.

Finally, please use Google before asking questions like these. The amount of tutorials on the first page alone should be enough to get you going.

Did I something wrong?

Archvile Class: http://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:Archvile

And I cant see this new custom monsters on Doom builder... No in decoration or monster setup.

Question 2. Which code I should write, that you win if you kill this monster?

Question 3: Monster spawner spawn only archvile and demons. How can I do?

The first thing you did wrong is that you're replacing a vital item (an item bonus) with a monster. NEVER do this.

The second mistake is that you gave your monster a very high mass number. From my experience, for actors with a mass higher than 7500, you should give it the +NOTHRUST flag.

The third mistake is that you made the radius and height of the monster absurdly high. Do your homework first.

yaqxsw said:

And I cant see this new custom monsters on Doom builder... No in decoration or monster setup.

That's normal, seeing that your actor doesn't have its own actor number. It replaces ArmorBonus, so if you want to place it into a map, just place an ArmorBonus.

yaqxsw said:

Do a search for the word boss in the ZDoom Wiki and you should find what you need.

3. Yes, here is boss eye. Here I can customize monster spawn
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:BossEye

Empyre wrote:
Do a search for the word boss in the ZDoom Wiki and you should find what you need.

2. I cant find special code, that after killing this monster you will win level... http://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:BossBrain

1. How can I make monster bigger? If archvile radius 20 and hight 56, then each radius = 2,8 hight (56/20=2,8). If I want, that he have 700 hight, then radius should be 250... did I something wrong? Can you send here a code, I need example :/

yaqxsw said:

Did I something wrong?

Archvile Class: http://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:Archvile

http://www.directupload.net

Question 3: Monster spawner spawn only archvile and demons. How can I do?

You have custom Pain states, but you did not introduce the state section with the States keyword.

Also perfect balance, that's going to make most MAP01s very fun. :v

So hard create own custom monsters... I havent found video tutorial and good examples... exist a custom big bosses ressource? I can just copy and paste :/

I found another big bos on invasion uac. There is a cyberlord (big cyberdemon) and I want copy this in my WAD, but I dont know how I can change missile (Attack) and copy a code into decorate... Look his code...

That's not decorate 'code', that's dehacked 'code'. You'll have to rewrite it to use it in decorate.

The actual code behind its attacks is found in the state table.

Gez said:

The actual code behind its attacks is found in the state table.

Ok I found this boss. Now I want change his attack. How can I doo, that he shot in one second 5 hell knight fireball?

I solved it :)

Now another question:
1. How colorize monsters BFGball?
2. Someone know special action for example - tag will activate after killing 2 bosses? How can I do?

By "get hurt", do you mean "get provoked to infighting", or literally "receive damage"? I also assume that you are actually asking for an actor flag that does the effect you want. If you want to make a monster that can't be targetted by other monsters, use a NOTARGET flag. If you want to make a monster that can't target other monsters after it targets the player, use a NOINFIGHTING flag. If you want to make a monster that doesn't receive any damage, ever (and therefore can't die), use a NODAMAGE flag. If you want to make a monster that doesn't receive any damage from other monsters, but can receive damage from the player, you need to redefine other monster's attack to give them a specific DamageType, then your monster should define a DamageFactor 0.0 for each of those damage types.

scifista42 said:

If you want to make a monster that doesn't receive any damage from other monsters, but can receive damage from the player, you need to redefine other monster's attack to give them a specific DamageType, then your monster should define a DamageFactor 0.0 for each of those damage types.

Thx, I have add NOINFIGHTING, now need this Damagesector. Can you explain more about this?

scifista42 said:

Hmmm... something not happen what I wanted. I had another idea, is possible that this monster have friendship with all monster? Is like frindship baron of hell and hell knight. They dont get damage each other

Question: Is possible make monsterview bigger? I need make each graphic size bigger? Which programm I need use?

yaqxsw said:

Hmmm... something not happen what I wanted. I had another idea, is possible that this monster have friendship with all monster? Is like frindship baron of hell and hell knight. They dont get damage each other

If you redefined all monsters to be of the same Species in DECORATE, then their projectile based attacks would not harm each other, but non-projectile based attacks still would. If you just want to prevent monsters from infighting (while allowing them to take damage from each other by accidental hits), use NoInfighting in MAPINFO.

yaqxsw said:

Question: Is possible make monsterview bigger? I need make each graphic size bigger? Which programm I need use?

Use Scale property in DECORATE.

Yes it work, but is hard for playing. I think, it would better, if this monster have immun damage with own class. I see, he shot on own class and he died... some specific code here? My english not good to find it.

Another problem, I saw that archvile ressurect my custom boss... this shouldnt be happen... How can I doo, that this monster not ressurectable?

For a monster to be resurrectable, it needs to have a valid Raise state and its corpse needs to be in a final state (one with a duration of -1, so that it lasts forever).

That gives you two ways to make your monster non-resurrectable. The first is to remove its Raise state, like this:

Raise:
    Stop
(Put that along its other states.)

The second is to make its last death state last for a finite duration, and then loop on itself so the player won't see the difference:
    DCYB P 50 A_NoBlocking
    DCYB P 50
    Wait

Thx Gez. All works. I solved a lot!!! Now new question:

I need code "teleportable". Also this is like DoomPlayer, he can teleport regardless if monster stand on the teleporter or not. If monster stand on the teleport and DoomPlayer gonna teleport, monster will die. How called this code?

I was always slightly disappointed monsters couldn't telefrag players. Turnabout is fair play, no?

Well, if monsters could normally telefrag other monsters, they'd be deadly to each other even more than with the current infighting system and making the player's job oddly easier, and if monsters could telefrag players, I can imagine lots of annoying cheap deaths constantly going on, especially in teleport traps, so I'm not really a fan of that concept. On the other hand, sometimes you want monsters to be redirected out of a specific path by a teleport line, but the teleport destination is blocked, so they pass the line and continue onto the path they were not supposed to reach. I think a whole different teleporting behavior would have to be invented to prevent both of these problems, but I'm not sure what exactly it could be like.

The solution would be to block a move across such a teleporter if the destination was blocked. Unfortunately, Doom's shitty movement code will make that a bit tricky.