Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest MIND

Complaints

I'm having a problem getting enemies to spawn IE: (Group spawn, Wave, Mini boss etc).
I have watched all the tutorials in Snapmap creator, and have seen a few Youtube videos that explain Box triggers, Access panels, On exited All, On Entered etc. I am doing exactly what they are showing to work correctly. Sometimes they work with the area effects such as explosions, but I can't seem to figure out how to make any enemies appear or spawn after entering any of the above methods. Even some of the actual demons I have placed throughout the map will not appear. Is this a bug? Am I not doing something correctly? I think that I have a decent level mapped out and would like to upload for feedback. Any help is appreciated.

My guess is you've hit the "12 active (visible) monster limit" ... Make sure they're invisible until a nearby door or trigger makes them visible. Depending on your map layout, or which path the player takes, can make some creatures not spawn if others are already Active.

You can also set triggers that make demons invisible, for instance the player activates them then backtracks toward another area. It's a pain to set up, but think of it as helping the cpu.

Would the 12 active monster limit also apply to the amount of "group spawns, waves" as well do you think? Thanks for the info, didn't know about the limit.

No it should not apply to waves. Get in the habit of triggering every bad guy, or make more linear maps where dead monsters open doors.

Hey, it worked! Thanks a lot for the help, as soon as I'm done tweaking the map, I'll give you the code if you want to try it out.

Well, its finished. Not the best, but I am unable to upload due to the servers being down. If they pop back up soon, I'll send you the code. Thanks again.