Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doug Keener

Seinfeld.wad - Jerry's Apartment: A DOOM II .wad!

Still a better ending than the series.

Also that would have been amazing! If you made a full Seinfeld doom project I would have played the shit out of it, but I totally get how hard it would be. You are awesome, this is awesome!

Thank you thank you thank you and again, thank you. Everyone's been so positive and it really makes me happy. Don't close down doomworld!! There are much better wads out there that are already here and some that have yet to be seen!

I think my ultimate dream would be for Jerry Seinfeld himself to see this and comment on it. Would make my year to be honest. But on the contrary, he might also file a restraining order.

Oh well.

Beware of copycat videos out there with shitty rendering because they're playing it on something OTHER than the latest version of GZDoom. Makes the map look bad when its played on a different client. Sorry about the compatibility issues but I used dynamic lighting techniques and different 3D rendering that only works in GZDoom. Just a friendly reminder.

Congrats, you went viral (the good kind)! And I also want to say how great your attitude is too. I've seen people make popular things and they became really arrogant cause of it.

zap610 said:

Congrats, you went viral (the good kind)! And I also want to say how great your attitude is too. I've seen people make popular things and they became really arrogant cause of it.

Hahaha thank you! And it's impossible to be arrogant about this. The whole thing is a joke haha I mean think about it: I've touched the hearts of millions by slaughtering a pixelated cast of Seinfeld in a computer game from the early 1990s. Life is the real show about nothing, folks.

I never want to make any money off of this either. Doom is shareware and forever will be. How dare anybody make me an advertising offer. Long live Doom.

I also had to put a disclaimer on my video because people thought I hated Seinfeld due to the fact that I kill them in it, like what? Seinfeld is my favorite show of all-time, I thought that was obvious. Whatever haha

@Doug Keener, I just want to say.... you're custom title is awesome.

the_miano said:

@Doug Keener, I just want to say.... you're custom title is awesome.

WOAH I JUST NOTICED IT!! Oh my god whoever made it that, you're a legend!!! Thank you hahaha it's amazing!!

Splatter said:

It's very fitting. I mean, you're a Doom Marine biologist, aren't you?

The moonbase was angry that day my friends. Like the two barons of hell trying to stop a space marine from going through the hell portal.

I am VERY honored to sport the member title. I love this forum and everyone else in the doom community. Wonderful people, all of you.

Is that a titleist?

"Remember Jerry it's not a lie... if you believe it."

This pwad is pretty pretty pretty... pretty good!

Ajora said:

By far one of the better joke WADs I've played in awhile. That was really quite excellent.

TheCupboard said:

"Remember Jerry it's not a lie... if you believe it."

This pwad is pretty pretty pretty... pretty good!

You both are so good looking!

takensorryuser said:

I would love to see you tackle some more areas specific to the tv show, but i know how time-consuming that would be to get everything with detail and whatnot. I cannot believe someone hadn't done this before and applaud the attention to detail with it all. Great work.

Thank you. I would have loved to make Monk's but it would have been too much of a pain making bystanders to fill the emptiness.

I got this error when loading the game:

Script error, "Seinfeld.wad:DECORATE" line 17:
SpawnID must be in the range [0,255]

It fails to load.

Jet1337 said:

I got this error when loading the game:

Script error, "Seinfeld.wad:DECORATE" line 17:
SpawnID must be in the range [0,255]

It fails to load.

The wad MUST be run with the latest version of GZDoom and with Doom II: Hell on Earth.

It's too bad that most article on the web doesn't precise the specific version of Doom2 needed for the mod. I have an old but legit version bought in a bundle more than a decade ago (sill have the cds!), and it doesn't work. I get an error message while trying to load it (although I can hear the background music): "R_FlatNumForName: BLAKWAL2 not found". I can load other custom WAD files, but I guess I'll just forget about this one... Nice idea, still!

EDIT: I forgot to mention it's loaded on the Doom95 version, working on both Win95 & XP PC I have.

Uh, were you loading it with GZDoom? It shouldn't bomb out with a missing texture error in any circumstances.

Linkrulezall said:

That's it, close down Doomworld. Our purpose has been fulfilled. There is no way that anyone is ever going to even come close to making a project as excellent as this one within our collective future.

I agree, never watched Seinfeld, but this is going to be amazing.

Linguica said:

Uh, were you loading it with GZDoom? It shouldn't bomb out with a missing texture error in any circumstances.

Please read my post again for the answer.

I believe my OS won't support GZDoom's latest version anyway, so...